The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The thing I learned this weekend is that if you're a 5'3 or shorter girl (and average body size) then you will fit in the back :D. It was interesting to have 4 people in. Considering my seat was in the same spot as always, I didn't notice a difference. They have to spread their legs so the seat can go between them.

This isn't the first time I had someone back there. But the funny thing is that the first time I completely forgot about the latch to make the front seats fold forward. Watching her get in and out was comical.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Correct. And for a bigger person, I put them sideways in the back. Not for a worldroundtrip, but it works good.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Girl in back...spreading legs....best thread on LT.

Only problem she had average body. Lotus owners shouldn't hang with average...should have had a banging body

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Girl in back...spreading legs....best thread on LT.

Only problem she had average body. Lotus owners shouldn't hang with average...should have had a banging body
Of course a hott body!! By average I just mean as far as skinny to large ratio.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew that was coming lol. And I actually do have a pic lol. It's from the front facing camera on the phone that my friend took while I was driving. We all had to learn close to get everyone in it. Probably wont be able to upload it until later though.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I get so much more use out of my Evora over my old 370Z due to the Evora being a 2+2. My kids (ages 13 and 14) have no problem getting in the back if I will pick them up from school in the "cool car"
In truth only one will fit comfortably in back. they sit kinda sideways at an angle, but still can wear a seatbelt. The kid that sits in fron has to move their chair up just a little. Works a treat.
Who would have thought
Evora "the family car":clap:

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
My 3 small dogs will be happy as a clam back there!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
The Evora is our weekend family car. Our girls (ages 2 and 4) fit back there just fine in their car seats. The 4 of us even make the occasionally small grocery store run. We have had several people stop in amazement to watch us all "squeeze" into the Evora. I can honestly say, there is not a car out there I would trade the Evora for right now (ok, 911 Turbo would make me consider it) . The Evora provides Lotus performance that I can drive everyday. It has proven to be a much better value for me at this stage in my life than getting an Elise or Exige as a third car that I only get to drive once a week. Perfection would of course be an Evora as a daily driver and an Exige as a "fun" car.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
Lynn, maybe you should contact Lotus about doing an add to counter those Porsche everyday ads. I'm actually very serious and this may be something completely missed by Lotus Marketing. Throw a little IPS option in there voila, you have a lot of interested customers!!
The folks at Lotus headquarters are super nice to call!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the effect we had after filling up with Ciroc. We had to also squeeze together to fit in the pic. Scorpion took the pic. I had Kitana and he had Jade.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Lynn, maybe you should contact Lotus about doing an add to counter those Porsche everyday ads. I'm actually very serious and this may be something completely missed by Lotus Marketing. Throw a little IPS option in there voila, you have a lot of interested customers!!
The folks at Lotus headquarters are super nice to call!!
I've already become an Evora Evangelist if you will - pleading with my guys friends (and anyone who will listen) not to buy that expensive, soul-sucking SUV. You don't need it with just two kids! Pay the same price for an "exotic" sports car, and tell the kids to squeeze in!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've already become an Evora Evangelist if you will - pleading with my guys friends (and anyone who will listen) not to buy that expensive, soul-sucking SUV. You don't need it with just two kids! Pay the same price for an "exotic" sports car, and tell the kids to squeeze in!
I say anyone is nuts to choose it over an SUV since they were obviously buying the SUV for purposed that the Evora can't possibly serve.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
Unfortunately, an Evora has no reasonable prayer of climbing West Mtn Rd on Sugarloaf in the winter. And yes, it is a dirt road which becomes mud in the spring. If you must buy an SUV, go diesel like I did and get 28mpg highway with torque coming out the ying yang!!
Call Lotus or send them a few pics of the kids in back. Maybe you'll wind up in an ad. That would be very cool.:clap:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I say anyone is nuts to choose it over an SUV since they were obviously buying the SUV for purposed that the Evora can't possibly serve.
Indeed you are correct - if they were buying the SUV for a real purpose instead of a perceived purpose. I have purchased two SUV's in the past, and I only truly used the SUV-specific features (space) maybe 3 times over 5 years. Enterprise rentals can serve that purpose quite well.

Now if you're running a wedding cake business on Mt. Rainier . . . the Evora isn't for you. If you're driving one or two small kids to and from school in Florida and occasionally picking up a gallon of milk . . . perhaps an Escalade isn't the best choice either.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Indeed you are correct - if they were buying the SUV for a real purpose instead of a perceived purpose. I have purchased two SUV's in the past, and I only truly used the SUV-specific features (space) maybe 3 times over 5 years. Enterprise rentals can serve that purpose quite well.

Now if you're running a wedding cake business on Mt. Rainier . . . the Evora isn't for you. If you're driving one or two small kids to and from school in Florida and occasionally picking up a gallon of milk . . . perhaps an Escalade isn't the best choice either.
Many people would also just simply tear the front end off of an Evora as well. The majority aren't use to cars with low ride heights. Then you also have the fact of mid engine dynamics... not having many dealers to service it, still very fragile, and I'm sure I could think of a ton more reasons if I sat and thought about it. All in all it's a terrible choice for any type of family-mobile.

People can think what they want about my view but I'd absolutely hate Lotus if they even thought about trying to brand the car in any type of family way. I'd gift-wrap my Evora for the best trade in price if I ever saw a family ad for it.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
Monsta---> seems to be working quite well for Porsche. Sales =car company in business!! Doesn't dilute our driving experience at all and could actually introduce people to PROPER driving dynamics. Lynn is on to something and has VERY lucky kids!!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Monsta---> seems to be working quite well for Porsche. Sales =car company in business!! Doesn't dilute our driving experience at all and could actually introduce people to PROPER driving dynamics. Lynn is on to something and has VERY lucky kids!!
It's all about what they are trying to be. Porsche also builds and sells a gazillion cars a year and has a pure 4 seater car for the family purpose. I personally just wouldn't want a weekend sports car that was family branded in any way.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
It's all about what they are trying to be. Porsche also builds and sells a gazillion cars a year and has a pure 4 seater car for the family purpose. I personally just wouldn't want a weekend sports car that was family branded in any way.
To me, Porsche is just another car maker that also makes sports cars. My guess is that they are now selling way more family cars and SUVs than their sportscars.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Porsche is just another car maker that also makes sports cars. My guess is that they are now selling more family cars and SUVs than their signature sports cars now. I would be no surprise if this were true.
It's completely true. Porsche sells waaaay more Cayennes and Panameras than anything else.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts