·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT4: Gavan Kershaw Wins in the Lotus Sport 2-Eleven:nanner2:

Thoughts?

:shift:

06/07/2008 Alex Buncombe wins 3rd GT4 race at Oschersleben

With race 3 of the GT4 Championship, the weekend at Oschersleben draws to a close. Alex Buncombe, racing in the nr 14 RJN Motorsport Nissan 350Z, managed to win 2 out of 3 of the races after narrowly missing pole in both qualifying sessions, an impressive start for a latecomer to the series. Eric de Doncker finished second in the nr 1 Motorsport98 Mustang FR500C, making a good comeback after his suspension gave way in race 2, knocking him out of the race. Jurgen Van Hover got his best result of the weekend, finishing 3rd in the nr 3 SpeedLover Aston Martin N24. In the Sports Light category, newcomer Gavan Kershaw in the nr 211 Lotus Sport Lotus 2-Eleven came first, narrowly beating Christopher Haase the nr 101 Reiter Engineering KTM Xbow, with his team mate Catharina Felser third in the nr 100 Reiter Engineering KTM Xbow.
Alex Buncombe also takes away best Silver driver of the weekend, with Rick Pearson in the nr 23 Derek Palmer Nissan 350Z taking best Bronze.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gavin is a great driver:bow:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
look! he beat a girl! ..haha - just kidding, but i do prefer the KTM concept over the better run 2/11. go figure?

the ktm uses the vw/audi 2.0 turbo - "which one" of their 2.0 turbo's they are using i am not sure...

it appears the 2/11 was a factory effort? and KTM had a partnership to develop the race car?

kudo's to lotus!!! ...but i secretly hope KTM wins next year :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it appears the 2/11 was a factory effort? and KTM had a partnership to develop the race car?

kudo's to lotus!!! ...but i secretly hope KTM wins next year :)
KTM has never built a race car before so I am guessing they needed the help:wave:

Why do you want KTM to win:confused:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
KTM has never built a race car before so I am guessing they needed the help:wave:

Why do you want KTM to win:confused:
yes - no doubt... Dallara built the chassis for them in the first place! ha

i just really like the KTM - no explaining it, something about it... :sheep: can someone else even be more of an underdog than lotus? :shrug: i like the chassis (carbon composite tub) concept, the semi open wheel concept, since its built from the ground up the pushrod suspension and all is really spiffy, i just like it!

i was in discussions with KTM to get one way back, but it became clear it would not be US street legal - so no dice! no matter what happens... i allways seem to just decide to keep my from day one elise!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
The 2-11 sure is the better looking of the two. The KTM looks like it looses on bad aeros alone.
the 2/11 is very slipperied out for sure... i have been predicting its the pre-curser to the "S3" elise body work.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Seaking of not shabby, move over Danica, Helloooo Cathi :drool: (anybody got an "I'd hit it" nanner? :D)

Cathi Felser Home

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
2-11 FTMFW!!! like stephen said, if it was street legal stateside, would drop the Exige for that with a snap of a finger no doubt!!!

and for Cathi

·
Registered
992 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts