The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6 foot 1 inch tall so sit back quite far, would I need to amputate my daughter's legs below the knee to fit her in the seat behind me? -eek-

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm 6'2" and my kids cross their legs went sat behind me. They seem to prefer it, which is a bonus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, in other words, no. There is no room for stock appendages behind the seat.

Bugger.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have found that the rear seats are just for situations were nothing else is available ... I would not purposely subject my kids ... maybe a mother-in-law

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Be carefull putting your mother-in-law in those back seats. There is a very high chance you will never be able to get her out again! :eek:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I thought the boot was for the mother in law ��

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Your mother in law must be incredibly petite rotfl

Anyone know the weight difference between the 2+0 and 2+2? I could only find the weight specs difference on the S and NA models (3049lbs na +2? and 3179 for an S IPS model).

I can imagine the lack of leather and padding saves some weight, I would be curious to find out how much. I ended up with a 2+0 and I didnt have a preference but knew I would probably only use the rear seat once or twice ever.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
I'm 6' and the back of my seat definitely touches the rear seats. Even if I pull it up as far as I can stand, I don't know if you could fit two legs and feet behind me.

I would imagine the weight difference between the +0 and +2 couldn't be more than a few pounds. The seat bottoms are just held on with velcro and I've pulled them out many times. They probably weigh a pound. The seat backs are probably a bit more because they're held on with metal, then figure whatever the two seat belts weigh, and I bet your not more than 4. I haven't looked to closely at the +0 before, is it the same as removing the seats from a +2 or is the luggage shelf something that is added on?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'm 6 foot 1 inch tall so sit back quite far, would I need to amputate my daughter's legs below the knee to fit her in the seat behind me? -eek-
My 4 year old twins love it back there. BUT, there is no leg room. They sit cross legged back there and say Daddy go faster and are my cop spotters. Also, it is so short that they don't even need the booster seats anymore to have thier head in the right position on the rear headrests. When they are 12 they may start complaining, but for now, they are fine.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm 5' 5" and my 6 year old is about 40 inches. I need to scoot up either seat so he has some leg remove. Without the booster seat, which he really doesn't need but it's the law, he has a little more space. Personally, it's not a problem, because of being short and driving a manual, I feel I need to be able to get the clutch pedal all the way to the floor.

But, why not keep your daughter behind the passenger seat. Then you can see her better?

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
But, why not keep your daughter behind the passenger seat. Then you can see her better?
The first time I read that line I saw "the you can hit her better." This would be the worst car to be in as a kid, there would be no chance of escaping the swat! I must be thinking back to my own childhood and my mom's elastic arms capable of reaching from the driver's seat to the 3rd row of the station wagon when needed. :thwack:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts