The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost but nobody seems to know about it and some people are freaking out a little.

Except readers of the March 2008 issue of CAR magazine.

Frank Rinderknecht of Rinspeed, the Swiss-based Porsche modifier, unveiled sQuba, a heavily modified Lotus Elise with bodywork made from carbon nanotubes, an electric engine and its own built in air supply. It can "protrude to a water depth of 33 feet and go beyond the scope of many human virtues of imagination."

Yep it's a submarine. Sort of like the underwater Lotus in James Bond's "The Spy Who Loved Me."

An electric motor in the back, two propellers and two directional jets in front.

In the first post is this:http://gizmodo.com/356883/squba-submarine-car-is-real-looks-silly-but-amazingly-funst

Here's a picture from the 2008 Geneva Auto Show pictures already on Lotus Talk.

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Your tounge is IN your cheek !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Real!

It's got O2 Tanks and a couple of regulators in the cabin. It's not water tight, you just stick the regulator in your mouth and get wet!

1.2 Million "one-of" built by some rich dudes with time on their hands :)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I like the lobsters for effect.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
There's no way that someone who spends as much time on this board as you do isn't posting this as a joke, right Larry?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
There's no way that someone who spends as much time on this board as you do isn't posting this as a joke, right Larry?
As of this moment, he's 3 shy of 9500 posts...I think he's just trying to get there.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, then CAR magazine is messing with our minds.

But the car was at the Geneva Car Show. :D

And it says "RINSPEED" on the front of the display...costing $1.5 million?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Here's the CAR Magazine article.
You read Randy's post I linked to above, and now you're just taking the piss, right? :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts