The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
BTW, you should cover those curtains in microsuede - they are hideous! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Very cool!

Are those Wisconsin plates? It might be good to know your body shop guy in case I ever have a mishap... (knock on wood)
they sure are lol. his name is jeff coffey, and he owns jckustums, right down in west allis outside milwaukee!

Well done! Curious to see your double din. I thought I was the only one with double din/alcantara dash vibe! :)

I see WI plates - where are you located? You should join us for events. We have a very active big group - IL, WI, IA, IN - our last drive have around 30 cars!
ill get ya pics when its all completed. i just did my first ever lotus coolant change with the new radiator, let me tell you how big of a pain that was lol. and id love to attend some meets! im moving to arizona in springtime however so my times limited here, but a kickoff meet would be awesome. come check out the car at world of wheels show in feburary. should hae the k20 turbo setup already in!!

and dont knock on my curtain attire lol..ok fine youre right :(

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Are you doing the full 3 days of World of Wheels or just Tuner Galleria? I'm planning on doing the TG day with my Elise.

*february* you're doing Wisconsin, not Chicago. :thwack:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
NEver been to World of Wheels.

Tell me details. What's the best day to go? This is the one at the Stephens Convention Center by the airport right?

What's cool to see and what's the best day to go?

·
Wow Such Admin
6,991 Posts
Did you make the inserts for the seats? I know the install would be incredibly easy, but did you actually do the stitching and such yourself?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm curious how you made your double din setup. Mind sharing?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Are you doing the full 3 days of World of Wheels or just Tuner Galleria? I'm planning on doing the TG day with my Elise.

*february* you're doing Wisconsin, not Chicago. :thwack:
yea ill be doing all 3 days. hopefull the k20 and turbo are already in there.

NEver been to World of Wheels.

Tell me details. What's the best day to go? This is the one at the Stephens Convention Center by the airport right?

What's cool to see and what's the best day to go?
theres alot of cool stuff to see. im working on finishing my built and turbo'd ls1 350z next to the lotus as well. id say any day is good to go

Did you make the inserts for the seats? I know the install would be incredibly easy, but did you actually do the stitching and such yourself?
yea i just traced my shape (2 pieces of tap wide) and drew on the pattern, then used a sewing machine and stitched. ill be redoing it all in authentic alcantara with a much fatter stitch. but as far as wrapping, yea it was incredibly easy.

I'm curious how you made your double din setup. Mind sharing?
double din required me to cut the dash skeleton, and the bezel, relocated the harness as far back as possible, and use L brackets on the headunit which bolt under the bottom of the hvac plastic surround. very sturdy, and very easy. im currently figuring out a method to fill the gap inbetween the dash and hvac surround, will probably just use some black plastic and wrap that, otherwise i was gonna mold the hvac surround to the din surround and make it all one piece for a clean look.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Where did you order the red LED rings from? Ebay is giving me LED strips... :(
yea i got mine from ebay. i believe i just looked up 110mm red led ring. i bought a few sets in case these ever burned out, but its been over 8 months and not a single problem.

BWAHAHA was thinking the same thing.

BTW, awesome handiwork man, you're supremely talented.
thank ya sir, im toying with other braking and turn signal ideas, as well as more headlight work too.

my 2 current projects are q45 projectors inside a civic si headlight for my buddy, nad retrofitting quad projectors into another buddies evo x, i need more free time

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
What size resistor did you use and where did you place it? Thanks for the write up on this!!:clap:

·
Registered
246 Posts
here's mine that i just did with 110mm red 36smd 5050 led rings

i'm going to add a 90mm red led ring on the inside of those and wire them up to the brake lights

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Thanks for the write up, awesome...been wanting to do this for awhile, just haven't had the time.

Can you repost pics...a lot of them didn't load and I would love to see what your final car looks like.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for the write up, awesome...been wanting to do this for awhile, just haven't had the time.

Can you repost pics...a lot of them didn't load and I would love to see what your final car looks like.
Sorry for late response, i've sold my KG Elise and i'm actually back looking for anther one soon....ughh...

Here are some pics of what I used

(4) 110mm red 36smd 5050 led rings, fits very snug

night time tail light comparision, i did not wire them up to the brake lights

21 - 40 of 40 Posts