The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So as it stands, two west coast dealers have their demos.
Symbolic in Southern Cal and another in dealer in San Fran.
No other West Coasts dealers have demo cars yet, but Scottsdale says they should get their by the 15th.

Is there anything else I missed? More deliveries? Incoming ships?

PS: Yes, I know it's the 5th, but I wanted for the work week ending.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Another dealer should be getting there demo car today or tomorrow. The transport left Friday, so with a little luck other Elise's are on board. There was a ship a few weeks ago due in July 31. It's been delayed getting through port around 10 days. My guess 7-10 days before they show up at the dealership.

Allan are you due for a top 10 delivery?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Silver Star is getting a restraining order to keep me from driving by their dealership so often. Haven't seen anything of interest so far except the silver and the yellow Esprits that they can't seem to sell.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I stopped at Newport European at lunch and no Elise demo yet. But they do have their nifty "Lotus" signage that they're cleaning off and getting ready to move into the showroom... :rolleyes:

In fact, the salesman I spoke with tells me that they have received invoices for cars, but have not received the cars yet. He expects 1 demo and 3 customer cars shortly. (He hopes within 48 hours, but they said the same thing 72 hours ago...

Bob

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LarryB said:
Allan are you due for a top 10 delivery? [/B]
No. I only act as if I am. I'm actually number 16 on Scottsdale's list. Estimated deliver: October...but I'm hoping for a September.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
That's better then me. At #11 ETA is Oct. Hasn't stop me from doing a little digging either. :p

<edit> Hadn't talked to Boardwalk (Redwood City) for a long time. Gave them a call. No demo or customer cars. They are only expecting around 15/year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Criswell in Maryland is getting 3 cars tomorrow-

1. the demo
2. someone who can name themselves, if they'd like :)
3. MINE!!!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
m100 Sean said:
Criswell in Maryland is getting 3 cars tomorrow-
2. someone who can name themselves, if they'd like :)
That would be me...:wave:

Will wait till Saturday to pick it up.:(

I fell like a little kid two days before Christmas.:crazyeyes (and my kids are in college)...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I found my car.

It was in the dealership where it had been since wednesday. I was told it was on a truck.

So, until about 4pm today when I pick it up, Silver Star Lotus in Thousand Oaks has an Elise in the Jaguar showroom.

Then I'm driving it home by Decker Canyon, Mulholland Drive, Malibu Canyon, Piuma Rd, then Tuna Canyon or Topenga.

I'm gonna get no work done today.

Steve

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yow! Congrats Steve. That must be the "one car" they received, a customer car, not a demo.. Have a look around and see if there are any others there they might not remember. :)

Bizzare they would get it on Wednesday and forget to call you..

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Steve W said:

No work is getting done here.
Great news, Steve.

The hell with cleaning out the birdcages. Do you mind if I go look at it, since I'm off today? Promise not to get nose prints on the glass or drool on the body. Did you get the StarShield invisible bra?

Envy you. Mine is sitting in pieces at the factory waiting for the guys to get back from vacation. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
jml1952 said:

Envy you. Mine is sitting in pieces at the factory waiting for the guys to get back from vacation. :)

Nope!

Lotus is reading and they have are using the janitorial staff from their regular duties and have assembled your car. :)

Okay, maybe not.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Steve W said:
I found my car.

Then I'm driving it home by Decker Canyon, Mulholland Drive, Malibu Canyon, Piuma Rd, then Tuna Canyon or Topenga.

I'm gonna get no work done today.

Steve
I stopped in and drove it that exact route, it's incredible what a salesman will let you do for a $100 bribe. I only took it to redline 3 times so probably no damage done.

Steve

Just kidding of course, congrats.

·
Registered
670 Posts
jml1952 said:

I doubt my pieces are even made yet

Steve

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Well, I'm taking Steve's silence as consent, so I'm off to take a peek. Sorry, all, but I don't own a digital camera, so there will be no pictures until Steve picks it up and posts them.

Sownman - glad to hear that the bribe works, but I wish you hadn't driven the price up so high. :D Guess I'll be stopping by the ATM on the way over.

In the words of our governor, I'll beee baaack.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Sorry,

Of course you are welcome JML (I was at lunch, talking about the car for some reason)

Yes, it has the Star shield. Not that I regret it or anything, but I suspect the StTi paint will be one of the worst for showing the edges. It was not as invisible as I'd hoped.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
A minor thing.... The manual seems to be missing from this car (I was at the dealership last night and I couldn't find it.)

I assume it goes in the pocket next to the battery. Can someone tell me where they found the manual in their car?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts