The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anyone having issues w the latest update? Was hoping to fix the gas gage variability. No luck and now at startup the units default to Kph and the RPM fidelity is now in 100 rpm increments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I installed 02.32.59 and saw the same behavior as you did. What they don't tell you is that you have to reconfigure your car. So, go back into settings, and select your car model year again. It will reboot itself and restore all defaults - including kph. So, put it back to miles and whatever settings you like. They fixed the fuel level gauge, it seems to now be averaged over about 10 seconds, and the drive mode warning light no longer shows up.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am also interested in this dash, I would like to know how many external sensors can be displayed on the dash, I. E. Oil pressure and temp, boost and IAT.
As far as I can tell, none, but they will be logged as with standard AIM stuff.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
As far as I can tell, none, but they will be logged as with standard AIM stuff.
I have been talking with Dave from Serious Lotus, he send me this picture of his dash. The IAT is displayed from the ECU, the others from sensors.

·
Registered
128 Posts
All set, update installed and restarted... seems to work fine now. Units in MPH and the gas gage seems like stock. Nice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got mine (thanks @shinoo !)

Looks like a crazy easy install. I'll be taking some photos and documentation.

I am also interested in this dash, I would like to know how many external sensors can be displayed on the dash, I. E. Oil pressure and temp, boost and IAT.
I know you can get a compatible Wideband sensor, and there are input expansion packs. If I'm understanding it, it will work with anything Canbus for datalogging. I'm not super sure how it would be displayed. More tonight!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Yes, I would like to know more about getting the display as in the picture I posted. Really like the idea of this dash, but would want Oil pressure/temp, boost and IAT in addition. I am electronically handicapped, so when you say CANBUS, I go what ! 🤣

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I've installed the dash in my '05. It is great to have an accurate speedometer! I also put in the rear view camera, still getting used to it. What results are you interested in?

Mark

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, I've installed the dash in my '05. It is great to have an accurate speedometer! I also put in the rear view camera, still getting used to it. What results are you interested in?

Mark
Is it a rear view camera which you just toggle on, or is it like a backup camera? I'd love to add that to my car, and wondering if there's a way to trigger it when I switch to reverse. By default, you tap the odometer reset button to turn on the camera, right?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just installed this dash this week, and when I took the car for a ride today, nothing. No readings for the tach, speedo, fuel, etc. It reads the odometer (and that increased), and from the AIM software it read some of the auxiliary sensors (door, parking brake, etc), but other than that, nada.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it a rear view camera which you just toggle on, or is it like a backup camera? I'd love to add that to my car, and wondering if there's a way to trigger it when I switch to reverse. By default, you tap the odometer reset button to turn on the camera, right?
It doesn't switch automaticallly. You're right, you need to hit the odometer button to turn on the camera.
Mark

·
Registered
115 Posts
It doesn't switch automaticallly. You're right, you need to hit the odometer button to turn on the camera.
Mark
From the AIM website, it sounds like there's a way to automatically activate it.

I actually just picked one of these up, and love it so far. Only complaint: the buttons feel... a bit cheesy.

But it looks great, and installation is insanely easy.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just installed this dash this week, and when I took the car for a ride today, nothing. No readings for the tach, speedo, fuel, etc. It reads the odometer (and that increased), and from the AIM software it read some of the auxiliary sensors (door, parking brake, etc), but other than that, nada.
How did you resolve this?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I have a question about the “Readability” of the dash in sunlight. On the stock one, you can’t read anything on the bottom like water temp or odometer, is this any better or worse.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the AIM website, it sounds like there's a way to automatically activate it.

I actually just picked one of these up, and love it so far. Only complaint: the buttons feel... a bit cheesy.

But it looks great, and installation is insanely easy.
I agree about the installation. Having the new binnacle was great, since I could reuse the mounting clips. I'll be monitoring this thread about the automatic rear view activation, that would be good.
Mark

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a question about the “Readability” of the dash in sunlight. On the stock one, you can’t read anything on the bottom like water temp or odometer, is this any better or worse.
I can't really speak to bright sunlight readability yet. But I didn't have an issue the one time I took the car out. So far so good.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts