·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Looks like a blast- comes in CO too !

Have you seen any in the US (eg for track use or imported as a "kit car")???

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Actually I see they have a LHD car built for a US customer...

Ariel Atom 190 Left Hand Drive
Mileage: 0
Year: 2002
Colour: Metallic Black
Specification:
Road pack, 190 Engine, Close Ratio Gearbox, Limited Slip Differential, 17" wheel pack, Competition brakes, Stainless Silencer, Stainless Fixings, Removable steering boss, Shift light steering wheel
Notes: This is a new unregistered car built for a customer in the USA who cannot now take delivery.
Price: £21,475.00
Ref: GW

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Ok, really wierd - I was just on their website 20 minutes ago...(looking for a new job)

I heard (forget where) that they do import cars to the US but none are street legal. The newest ones are built with a Honda S2000 engine. They have a "Road Pack" to make them UK street legal, turn signals and such, but no windshield /windshield wipers. I think that the US requires windshield wipers (see that pathetic useless ones on some Chaterams/Sevens). So you could get the engine put in here in the US to qualify as a "kit car" but the WW wipers might kill it.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
It probably wouldn't be in your rear-view mirror for long....

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
The atom is a mean, mean little machine. 1000 pounds and 220 hp. I can't imagine what that thing would do to an elise on a track :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
huggy bear said:
Here are the Rockingham track times that they posted on their website. It's FAST! WOW!
Anybody know where I could get line-art pictures of all the cars like that, in high-res or line-art (ps,pdf, illustrator) form?

Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
well that answers the question whether the suspension is working.

Heck of a 'kit car'. Wonder what it would perform like after some tuning by Lotus? Could this be the next generation Series 7?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts