The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this thing for a week, and I suppose I never really considered how much attention it would get when shopping one. I've had plenty of cars that get a gawk or two from a kid on the street or a car nerd approaching you at a gas station or parking lot, but for real, the guy working the Dunkin donuts drive thru asked me what kind of Lamborghini it was and if it was brand new. I presumed I was missing the requisite gold chains and chest hair for such a question, but I suppose I wasn't. There are so many dropped jaws from minivans, honks, waves, and thumbs up I can't keep track.

Does anyone sell a Camry-style body kit for this thing? I feel kind of like a douche sometimes. Or not, maybe I'll get used to it and like it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You'll get used to it.

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Had a lady stop and get out of her car in a very busy intersection to take a picture in front of me, no other car under $100,000 will create that response.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Your just a douche!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Douche Bag written all over you.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I've had this thing for a week, and I suppose I never really considered how much attention it would get when shopping one. I've had plenty of cars that get a gawk or two from a kid on the street or a car nerd approaching you at a gas station or parking lot, but for real, the guy working the Dunkin donuts drive thru asked me what kind of Lamborghini it was and if it was brand new. I presumed I was missing the requisite gold chains and chest hair for such a question, but I suppose I wasn't. There are so many dropped jaws from minivans, honks, waves, and thumbs up I can't keep track.

Does anyone sell a Camry-style body kit for this thing? I feel kind of like a douche sometimes. Or not, maybe I'll get used to it and like it.
Hope to see you and your car around soon. I'm up the street in Gambrills.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
lucky you didnt buy an Exige ;) but as said above,youll get used to it,all part of the experience of owning a car like these
He's right. Had a Elise and test drove an Exige S in the exact same color. Much more attention in the Exige.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Try a krypton green Exige. Attention is beyond bonkers.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Try a krypton green Exige. Attention is beyond bonkers.
It might not be the attention you're thinking it is. Most likely they think you're bonkers for choosing that color. The Exige S is loud enough IMHO.

San

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
It might not be the attention you're thinking it is. Most likely they think you're bonkers for choosing that color. The Exige S is loud enough IMHO.

San
Agreed. I've owned 5 Elige (3 Elise, 2 Exige, one an Exige S). If Krypton or Isotope were the only two colors they came in, I would have never have owned one.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Last night I was parking the car at Whole Foods and a guy in a brand new RR Ghost stopped his car in front of mine to stare at it for a good 5 seconds rotfl

Earlier on the highway a kid in a Golf drove by me, never taking his eyes off the car. He wound up 2 lengths in front of me, eventually looking out of the rear driver side window. It's a good thing nobody was in front of him.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I've been surprised that *most* of the time, the attention is positive and appreciative. The best is when you see small kids getting excited, I really try to encourage that it's fun. Had a kid ask me if I was a super hero one time.

I was driving through the mountains another time and thoroughly enjoying a series of tunnels. People quickly caught on to what I was doing and they would have the cell phones out the windows when a tunnel was coming up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
I often wonder if sooner or later the vehicle itself would become stale to the public ?

It seems not... Even at European Car shows it punches way above it's weight with both sheer number of eye balls and time spent on the vehicle compared to more established marques...

In the streets it just stands out as though the rest of the world is in black and white !

1 - 20 of 68 Posts