1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know. I'll find out is 2 weeks at the Fabi Track in Kingston Ontario.

But who really cares... it all comes back to the "sound"!!! You should hear it inside the car. so smooth

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I had to look to make sure that it wasn't going to be a Grassroots Motorsports $2005 challenge car or we'd have just had to pack it in right now...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nope. I spent too much... hell the computer to run the transaxle was $800 an the TEC3 engine computer is $2500! The wheels and tire were $1200.

I really wish cuz I really think that the car would have done pretty well.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Hey, you need any TEC advice, I've had 5 cars under my roof running TEC II and TEC III.

Great project. Looks like a blast!

I had a V8 miata with some giggle juice, loved it, got bored with it though. Put that northstar in an Elise, we'll talk. ;)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Bill Strong said:
Nope. I spent too much... hell the computer to run the transaxle was $800 an the TEC3 engine computer is $2500! The wheels and tire were $1200.

I really wish cuz I really think that the car would have done pretty well.
Will you be able to put the power down? How big wheels and tires did you manage to squeeze under there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
all I could afford were 225-45 17 for the rear. There are not many wheels that fit the caddy hubs. But after I sell my house and move into the new one I will start saving for some new wheels and tires for the rear. I have room to fit 17x 10 wheels with matching tires. But the car is 2500 or so pounds. I think it will do okay, especially with the traction control

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Congratulations, Bill! Well done. Nice to see this project come together (I've been following your saga in the ClubMR2 newsletter).

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
It's got my attention anyway... That is such a great motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts