The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The build has begun on the 2007 Exige. The car is paned to race the Great Lakes SCCA region with intentions of competing at SCCA runoffs this season.

The build is being supported by Angry Sheep Motorsports with assistance from BFast Racing. Auto Europe has teamed up as well.

Jeff DeGreck will be competing against Nissan 350z, Cadillac CTSV, Pontiac Solstice GXP, Evo’s and Subees. The Lotus by far has the least amount power but is also the lightest car in the field.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
157 Posts
NIce!!

That looks like it will be lot's of fun!! Look forward to seeing it complete.

So, do you know if the Exige Cup car or 2 Eleven has also been officially added in the T2 class as well?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Just the Elise and Exige in T2

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ah, thanks!! Have they classified the 2 Eleven or Cup yet? I know they have been working on it, but have not heard officially...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
211 is classed in ST

Cup is classed in T1 with the Vetts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This one is not my car. Mine is being preped for NASA TTB. This one is my team mate Jeffs.

This is a list of all the cars that can run in T2. The GXP walked away with it last year.

Acura
Integra
Type-R
(97-01)
Acura TL
Type S
(07-08)
Audi S4
(2004)
BMW M
Coupe
(2002)
BMW M3
(01-06)
BMW
330i/Ci
(01-03)
BMW Z4
3.0L
(03-04)
BMW Z4 M
Coupe
(2007)
Cadillac
CTS-V
(04-05)
Cadillac
CTS-V
(06-07)
Chevrolet
Camaro
Z-28
(98-02)
Chevrolet
Cobalt SS
(2008)
Chevrolet
HHR SS
(2008)
Dodge
SRT-4
(03-05)
Ford
Mustang
Cobra
(99-02)
Ford
Mustang
Coupe GT &
Shelby GT
(05-08)
Infiniti G35
Coupe
(03-06)
Lotus Elise
(2005)
Lotus Exige
(06-07)
Mazda Mazdaspeed3
(2007)
Nissan
350Z Track/
Touring/
Standard
(03-08)
Pontiac
Firebird
Formula &
Trans-Am
(98-02)
Pontiac
GTO
(04-06)
Pontiac
Solstice
GXP
(07-08)
Porsche
Boxster S
(00-03)
Porsche
Boxster S
(2005)
Saturn Sky
(07-08)
Subaru
Impreza
WRX STi
(03-07)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it. So how long till yours is ready? This season I assume?
It is planed to be on the track in April. Sould be no Problem.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
The T2 classing by SCCA of the Lotus makes it where you will not have much, if any chance of competing up front.

I would have saved my time/money, and researched a car and classing that would be more competitive.

hopefully nobody will tap you and shatter your (expensive)fiberglass, while they get a mere ding/dent.

flame away LT, as i have nomex nearby, but i only speak the truth as i see it.
BTW i am also saying this based on watching the runoffs this past year, the lotus wasnt up to snuff in T2 compared to what it runs against.
I think SCCA missed it big time with the classing of the car(Lotus), and am surprised anyone runs under the current regs for the Lotus when its so outmatched.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The T2 classing by SCCA of the Lotus makes it where you will not have much, if any chance of competing up front.

I would have saved my time/money, and researched a car and classing that would be more competitive.

hopefully nobody will tap you and shatter your (expensive)fiberglass, while they get a mere ding/dent.

BTW i am also saying this based on watching the runoffs this past year, the lotus wasnt up to snuff in T2 compared to what it runs against.
I think SCCA missed it big time with the classing of the car(Lotus), and am surprised anyone runs under the current regs for the Lotus when its so outmatched.
That was last year with the NA Elise. This year you can use the Exige S. The Weight of the lotus is much lower than any one else 2190 with driver.
Time will tell.

Yea the bump and grind may not be kind to the Lotus. But hey we can glue it;)

Door to door is not for me anymore, thats why I am going to play in NASA TT and go back to OTD. I dont like having to replace body parts because of some one who has no respect. I love racing I just hate the damage.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Humm. Open wheel? Now there is a robust car:D And safe too.

Just busting your butt. You asked for the flame rotfl

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey, Im pulling for ya. I watched the runoffs a while back and thought if the tracks are right...a lotus exige s would be killing it. It seemed that the final track had a lot of straights which killed the NA. Hopefully you can fix heat soak to keep power up. Dont know the rules though...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can you have the "knee bar" up that high, seems like a much better (and safer) place for it, but, will the SCCA go for it. Seems odd that both N/A & S/C Exige run in T2. Even stranger is NASA, the N/A Elise is classed in touring C, while the N/A Exige has to run in B.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you have the "knee bar" up that high, seems like a much better (and safer) place for it, but, will the SCCA go for it. Seems odd that both N/A & S/C Exige run in T2. Even stranger is NASA, the N/A Elise is classed in touring C, while the N/A Exige has to run in B.
Actually a cross bar is not required in the lotus by the rules. But we want this car to be as safe as it can be.

Knee bars are usually the easy way out for the cage builder. There is nothing in the rules that says where the placement of the cross bar is. The best and safest in a touring car is behind the dash. If you have a bar below the steering column you run a good chance of busting you knees in a frontal impact. It’s a hell of a lot more work but for door to door racing with a 4000 lb CTSV Cady we think it’s worth it.

My car has a knee buster bar in it but I bought the car that way. It is higher than the cup car but I still don’t like it below the column. I figure it will be ok for NASA TT. My cage is very similar to the cup car but with some improvments. There is no way I would race door to door with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Item 1. Effective 3/1/09: Allow the NA Lotus to run in T2 at 2,090 lbs.
Item 2. Effective 3/1/09: Classify the supercharged Lotus in T2 at 2,190 lbs.
Item 3. Effective 3/1/09: Classify the NA Lotus in T3 at 2,450 lbs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Actually a cross bar is not required in the lotus by the rules. But we want this car to be as safe as it can be.

Knee bars are usually the easy way out for the cage builder. There is nothing in the rules that says where the placement of the cross bar is. The best and safest in a touring car is behind the dash. If you have a bar below the steering column you run a good chance of busting you knees in a frontal impact. It’s a hell of a lot more work but for door to door racing with a 4000 lb CTSV Cady we think it’s worth it.

My car has a knee buster bar in it but I bought the car that way. It is higher than the cup car but I still don’t like it below the column. I figure it will be ok for NASA TT. My cage is very similar to the cup car but with some improvments. There is no way I would race door to door with it.
Well done, what are your thoughts on door bars with these cars.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Item 1. Effective 3/1/09: Allow the NA Lotus to run in T2 at 2,090 lbs.
Item 2. Effective 3/1/09: Classify the supercharged Lotus in T2 at 2,190 lbs.
Item 3. Effective 3/1/09: Classify the NA Lotus in T3 at 2,450 lbs.
Thanks, makes sense. Can you explain NASA's logic.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well done, what are your thoughts on door bars with these cars.
As you can see We have a lot of overlap on the mounts to the Lotus frame. In a side impact if it is just bolted to the top of the frame rails the whole cage could rip out. The door bars will go all the way into the door on both sides of the car.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts