The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of planning some trips. Getting the Elise for me is a good excuse to drive. But where?

I have some ideas of good roads. Some scenic. Some twisty and challenging. Some interesting for other reasons. Please feel free to add to the list...

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tail of the Dragon

I would love to be able to drive this one, after reading a lot about it. It looks very cool. A distance from me though.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PCH- Pacific Coast Highway (101) South

Man, nothing beats this drive. It's long, so really it depends on what part of it one is interested in.

The part that is incredible is from Monterey Bay through Carmel and down through Big Sur. Incredible views and cliffs along the coast. Eating at Nepenthe. Hiking the Julia Pfiefer trails. Driving down to Hearst Castle.

Tip. Drive the west coast southward. It's a lot easier to pull into viewpoints on the right side than across traffic.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skyline Drive, Virginia

I had the pleasure of driving this, even if in a rental car. A great road with great views.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I've found this site to be a great source of information on fun driving roads in California.

Some drives worth experiencing:

- Mines road south out of Livermone to highway 130, then east to I-5. Some wonderful canyon sections and little traffic.

- Highway 25 south from Hollister to 198.

- Highway 58, from 101 to I-5. Smooth, fast, very little traffic.

And, as previously mentioned, highway 1 from Carmel to San Simeon. Simply amazing. I recommend doing this drive on a weekday as there can be a lot of cars on this road and, well, most of them are pretty darn SLOW.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another road that was very nice for a leisurely drive, Highway 49 in California through the old gold mining towns.

Perhaps after the cars arrive (next year) we can arrange a meet/drive. A line of Elises travelling down a country road would be very cool.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
A few of the high county roads, that I've always wanted to do in a sport car- Sonora and Tioga Pass. Carmel Valley Road is a nice quite country road type run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts