The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in January, when I told my wife I wanted an Elise she was against it. However, I had already placed a deposit. :D After convincing her to look at some photos and reading her some articles, she said, "You're not getting an Elise until I get a Lexus 330." Needless to say, I bought her one right away.
I didn't want to tell anyone that I was planning on buying the Elise, especially if circumstances changed, but she began telling everyone! OK. Then my business took a downturn last month so I have been less confident about being able to afford it, but my wife said I am going to get my Elise no matter what! She has become my biggest advocate. Her caveat is that I don't kill myself in it or spend less time with her because of it (hmm).
Well, she called me today at work and excitedly told me that I got "the call." She had asked the salesman, "Is this the call?" to which he replied, "It's the call before the call." :clap:
Now, if I could just pick out a color.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congratulations! Having a supportive spouse is always great! :)

I was a bit reserved about showing my fiancee a picture of the Elise fearing that she would think it was "frivolous." Instead, she's very, VERY excited about it and event wants to drive it! :eek: I'm expecting delivery in February... but like you, I'm wondering if I can truly take delivery since I just finished a client engagement and I'm currently looking for a new client. It's difficult to justify spending nearly $50K when there isn't positive cash flow...

Bob

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have to admit that my wife was much more supportive than I would have expected :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:
she even gave me the deposit as a christmas present last year(deposit on car 12/26/03) how coooool is that...yeah I think I'll keep her:D :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Call before the call

Sorry about the double post. My machine is exceeding slow this morning.

BTW, arn't wives great? Letting us drop $50K on a coffin just because we can't help ourselves?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
peck555 said:
she even gave me the deposit as a Christmas present last year...yeah I think I'll keep her:D :D
Mine put the deposit down for me as a surprise birthday present. Last year for Christmas, she got me the license plate "ELISE" for the car.

I'm definitely keeping mine...

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>Now, if I could just pick out a color.

I love my Saffron but at meets it's a bummer to see it get lost among all the other SY's. Looking back I wish I'd gotten something less common. In person the silver is stunning IMHO.

-doma

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
doma said:
>I love my Saffron but at meets it's a bummer to see it get lost among all the other SY's
That reminds me of the meet in San Mateo. I wanted to get something from my car and its like, which one is mine? Oh yea, its the 3rd SY from the left. :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
hence:LASER BLUE :D :bow: :clap: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think Michael (aka YELOTUS) thought I was nuts when I first put the deposit down several years ago. Then he "got it" and started reading everything about the car that he could lay his hands on. Then, he had to have one, too. :clap: Alas, it looks like although he still thinks the Elise is a great car, he's content with having just one of them in the garage ... for now, anyway. ;)

- Ellen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts