The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most recent Motortrend is reporting that Toyota will not be importing the Celica after 2005 or maybe 2006. They attribute it to declining sales and the fact that Honda killed off the Prelude. They do say it will be replaced by something branded by Scion but it has not been announced what vehicle it will be a derivative of.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I suspected as much after visiting the San Francisco Auto Show -- there was no Celica, and there were no MR2's on the show floor, which I thought was pretty suspicious for an auto show.

That made me start to think that both those cars are fairly "dead" at this point. But, with the recent resurgance of the sports coupe, and their big push in Formula 1, I don't expect Toyota to pull out of that market altogether, so I'd expect something new from them to replace those two cars.

Steve

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Last year people were saying that the MR2 would be discontinued after 2003, and yet it has come back with a Torsen LSD for 2004...

Getting your automotive news from Motortrend? Eep!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John Stimson said:
Getting your automotive news from Motortrend? Eep!

I get them all practically. I figure at least one or two issues a year they each will have some exclusive content so getting a subscription is cheaper and easier than buying them off the shelf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts