·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the lock ready to be installed. It comes with two shorter screws, but the Elise needs the longer screws.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You loosen up the screws with the supplied Allen wrench as far back as they can go and slip it over the exposed rear of the latch tongue.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View from the side. You really want it as far on as possible. Near the two little exposed metal bits on the tongue.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point, you will have the lock looking like this-

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slide the locking plate (rotate the lever first, then just push it on until it clicks) over the belt.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To use, push it the lock like normal. Pull up on the shoulder belt and it will lock so there is no slack and as hard as you want to pull up, is as hard it will lock your lower torso to the seat. You won't move if you don't want to.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can just unlatch like normal, or if you wish to loosen up the belt, press the small lever on the side.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will make a small mark in the tongue. I think it's not a big deal, but you are clamping onto plastic.

You can see a small indentation line here-

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did it work? I really liked it. For roads like Tail of the Dragon, it's the perfect thing short of a full harness. I also am using it for autocrossing.

I find I like it enough, that I leave it on for my regular daily driving around town.

There is one downside. I am a little more careful about unlatching the belt and flinging it to the side, since it now has 5 ounces of metal attached to it and could mar the inside of the door. It's not that bad as it sounds, but you just don't want to throw the belt open.

We sell it for $34.95 plus shipping. If you can, the best thing is a full 5 point harness. But if you can't, I think the CG-Lock is a very good solution.

We have seen video of the crash testing of a dummy on a sled with and without the CG-Lock. Impressive.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
While we are talking about belts...

Is anyone (Shinoo) selling a harness bar and belts yet? How much will it cost and do you have any pics?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Randy Chase said:
We have seen video of the crash testing of a dummy on a sled with and without the CG-Lock. Impressive.
Come on! You can't say that without suppling a link to the video.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After spending the day autocrossing the Elise, I am not as interested in a real harness now. The seats provide a lot of support and with the CG-Lock, I did not feel like I was moving around at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great Product! I've used one in both my C32 AMG and WRX on the track and autocrossing and they clamp you in the seat very nicely. Easy to take on and off so you can move it from car to car with no problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts