The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overnighted my check to HRM today and am finally the proud new father of the HRM Special:D
Thanks for the club 111 meet pictures it helped me make the Final commitment:bow:
The car will be picked up in a few days by Intercity Lines and should be on the west coast within two weeks:p
The final wait begins:(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congratulations--great choice!

My SY should be in around November but I kept looking at that CO with the black accents thinking "that would work too." I am happy that you purchased it and relieved me of that option ;)

jjb

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes yes , what was the approximate shipping amount. i may have to go this route if the my car comes in the winter. Also, was it an inclosed transport? Also, what was the approximate time between you calling to arrange the transport and them actually picking up the car. I have no idea how far in advance you have to book this type of thing.
Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations!!!:clap:

I saw the car last Saturday. Pictures don't due justice. It is awsome! And the exhaust note is sweet. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Intercity Lines Enclosed Transport handles all Carrera GT deliveries in the USA. Their attention to detail is second to none!
I was quoted $1,675.00 including $80.00 fuel surcharge. I am hoping that HRM gets a better rate. They told me that they never mark up the rate(very nice)..
Being in the biz I have soon some horror stories with the discount guys. Once a customer went on the internet and bought a new A6 Avant and (without our knowlege) had the car sent to her local dealership. :p When the car arrived it was full of muddy footprints, greasy hand prints(headliner too:eek: )), and 3 Mac Donalds bags :p .
She then (pissed off) TELLS us that she "expects to be able to pick up the car no later than 3:00 that afternoonrotfl ....
We were all laughing so much it was crazy...
We did as she asked and handed her a bill for $250.00 when she picked the car up:eek:
Some people are complete idiots!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hey congrats i also saw your car at the meet.

The co looks so good with the stripes.

The car also convinced me to go stage 2 with the exhaust you will love it!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Congrats Perryeyges!!

That was a beautiful car. Not as beautiful as the one I'm getting, but a real close second.;):D HRM did a great job on the car.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
perryeyges said:
I overnighted my check to HRM today and am finally the proud new father of the HRM Special:D
Thanks for the club 111 meet pictures it helped me make the Final commitment:bow:
The car will be picked up in a few days by Intercity Lines and should be on the west coast within two weeks:p
The final wait begins:(
Did you buy the CO car that was already done? Or did your car come in and you're having it done?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Psst. Hey Perry. I'll transport the car back to the bay area for free. And it'll take a hell of a lot less time than two weeks. Let me know! :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
And, ahem, what is going to happen to the car you ordered? You had a build and delivery date in the near future, yes?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congratulations. It'll be good to have more Elises in the area. I've only seen 1 other Elise in 3,000 miles of driving. The more Elises around, the less people will stop and stare at my car! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts