The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for the first After Sales Service. I figured it would be high and a few have said $200-$250, but $325 for an oil change? The breakdown was $37 for the filter, $48 for the oil, and $240 for labor (1.5 units) . Either these are the most highly trained technicnians ($160 an hour) or they're having my attorneys do the fluid swap!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Ouch,

You might want to consider supplying the oil and filter (or finding another service location).

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Mine was around $270. Labor cost will depend what other cars your dealer services. The Dallas one other than Lotus they are pretty much Jag only but they used to be a Masseratti dealer and maybe Bentley or Aston Martin but I'm not sure of that.

If that was still the case I bet mine would have been over $300 easy.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I think we'll find the variance in cost for the 1K service will be due to the labor rates of the shop.

Here in the SF Bay Area we are seeing rates around $175/hr.

Would be interesting to compare shop rates for various places around the country (cost of living).

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked into it. For the privilage of a 65 mile one way drive to palm beach motorcars I can save a whopping $25. I think I'll be doing my own oil changes after this colonscopic experience.

·
Registered
275 Posts
231.45 @ MidRivers (STL)

Filter 17.26
Oil (5q) 28.40
Labor (1.9) 182.40
Tax 3.39

Total 231.45

FYI - for those buying their oil filters from Toyota directly note the distinction between the Celica GTS filter (stock # 90915) for the 2ZZ-GE and ours (stock # 90915-10004). Ours is larger (taller)and generally not in stock, but available in two days at the dealership.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Mine was $300.62 at Palm Beach Motorcars

$40 for oil, $25.90 for the filter, $204 labor, $1.48 oil drain plug gasket, $12.24 waste disposal fee(It says they charge 6% of the labor rate for this) and $17.01 tax.

I wonder what a regular oil change without the service inspection would cost since its $67.38 just in parts not including labor.

So much for low cost maintence due to the Toyota engine:mad:

Howeever, I must state they did a great job of fixing my rear brake light that was coming on, the mushy pedal feeling, an checked to see if my a/c needed to be retrofited with the correct part so it wouldnt freeze up.

They even got me a pair of starshield like things that were never installed on the car at the factory that go in front of the rear wheels if you dont get starshield. Only thing is they said the Regional service person for Lotus said that they do not install them, that I have to do it myself. Is this no longer a standard part? I cant figure out why they wouldnt put it on, or maybe only people at the port are trained in doing it.:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
perry> My total in SF was $245

D'oh! My SVAG bill was over 300 ... I should of driven to SF and got it done :(

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Newport European: filter...22.44
gasket 2.22
synthetic oil 44.50
labor 79.50

Total 148.66

·
Registered
440 Posts
oil filters

Just spoke to the guys at Parts Plus Auto Parts. The Toyota filter number of 90915-10004 cross references with their stock oil filter # PH2840. Price $3.85.

Will Lotus have problems using these filters??

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Scottsdale Lotus quoted about $275. I'll probably be bringing my own oil though.

·
Registered
440 Posts
oil filter

thanx Khamai for the filter advice, I'll go to NAPA.

I spoke with the Lotus Service rep. Dave Simkin and he recommended that you used the dealers filters when you take the car to them for your warranty service. In btwn oil changes it doesn't matter but use a good quality one.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BrokenR1 said:
What about Prestige in North Miami? I need to get mine serviced this week, preferably tomorrow, and am comparing places now.
I had a bad experience with them in the past and did not even consider giving them business, so I don't know what they charge.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well prestige can kiss my butt. I went over there this afternoon and asked the service guy if he would need an appointment for the service on the elise and the first thing he asks me is if I bought it from them. I say no, he says it'll be at least 2 weeks then. They had at least 8 elise's on display in front.

The collection pissed me when they started yelling at Chris from Lotus of Atlanta on the phone for selling me a car. I could here him all the way across the room.

I'll either try Palm beach or Dimmit next. Hopefully they can do it either tomorrow or Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts