The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the "stormtrooper" Elise? It was white and had a real nice decked out interior. The pictures appear to be taken down, and I wanted to see it for ideas....

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wanted to have my center console painted, but now I think I want it wrapped.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
How about custom ordered OEM interior? :D

Just arrived to me yesterday :drool:
Hey Abe, where did you get those window cranks and the e-brake handle from?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hey Abe, where did you get those window cranks and the e-brake handle from?
Lotus Sports actually installed them when I ordered the car back in 2006. The car is essentially like an '06 Sport Elise but in the Type-25 color with green leather interior but a 2007 model...only one that way, special order.

Since Lotus made it available on the Sport Elise, there "should" be a parts number that your local Lotus dealer can look-up and order.

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Guess I'll add my new steering wheel to this, just came in this weekend.

Alcantara with orange stitching to match both my shift boots:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Still really struggling what to do with the interior of the Chrome Orange Exige. Tok the car down to a local place with excellent reputation. Nothing comes close in orange leather or alcantara. And they really don't like alcantara. They aren't even sure where they can get a matching orange thread. Really wanted to bring some orange into the interior. Ugh. Very frustrating!

Has anyone done their sills?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Still really struggling what to do with the interior of the Chrome Orange Exige. Tok the car down to a local place with excellent reputation. Nothing comes close in orange leather or alcantara. And they really don't like alcantara. They aren't even sure where they can get a matching orange thread. Really wanted to bring some orange into the interior. Ugh. Very frustrating!

Has anyone done their sills?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If the shop can't find similar thread, then you need to go elsewhere. Many many CO owners on this forum have done stuff with matching CO trim.

I would suggest expanding your search - google 'orange exotic cars' and see what they've done with their interiors. Mine was pretty much cribbed from parts 'Lotus California Edition' and a custom Tesla that Al and Ed's did.

Maybe a two tone vibe in black/charcoal? Gives a bit of contrast, but no shocking orange. I originally had some yellow leather on mine, but it was just too damn garish in such a small car.

Here it is now

·
Registered
452 Posts
Bumping this up for some more custom stuff! Thinking of adding some additional carpet that I sourced through JPM Coachworks after they did a fantastic job wrapping my door teardrops.

Also planning on wrapping my door sills in leather. Basically I am enamored by the Tesla Roadster interior, and how a little carpet and leather goes a tremendously long way. :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
YES. That is what I'm looking for... Looks amazing

For the carpet on the side did you remove the riveted on aluminum piece or just carpet over it?

How was the carpet attached?

·
Registered
668 Posts
wow... i might just carpet my whole interior too. I have gotten too many comments about how cheap the car looks inside. Since i wrapped some things in leather, it helped a bit, but perhaps the exposed aluminum gives it the Kart look. I would like it to look similiar to the TESLA.

LotuSii... where did you get your carpet from?

also, how can i go about wrapping the aluminum floor board? i would love to keep the ridges on it. (perhaps some thing material? - glue it on? )

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
Great looking interiors!! Thanks to all for posting.

·
Registered
408 Posts
wow... i might just carpet my whole interior too. I have gotten too many comments about how cheap the car looks inside. Since i wrapped some things in leather, it helped a bit, but perhaps the exposed aluminum gives it the Kart look. I would like it to look similiar to the TESLA.

LotuSii... where did you get your carpet from?

also, how can i go about wrapping the aluminum floor board? i would love to keep the ridges on it. (perhaps some thing material? - glue it on? )

I velcro-ed the carpet. Just in case, I need to replace a broken piece, it would be easier... Sourced the carpet at Home Depot....

21 - 40 of 92 Posts