The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Yeah, I have the touring package plus I'll be redoing the shifter boot, e brake boot, and wrapping the center console. All black with orange stitching. Looking at pics online, there are tons of really crappy looking plaid interiors, so I want to do it as more of a highlight than a feature. It's too easy to overdo though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
452 Posts
Does the leather not get scratched up on the sills when people get in and out?
Not so far! I've been running with leather sills for about 6 months. Granted people don't really get in my car too much, maybe once or twice a month, and I am careful when getting in and out.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I'll play. These from back in the day before full track

DSC_0011web.jpg

Wreath.jpg

5.jpg

Takeoffw.jpg

And then

SDC10483 w.jpg

It got even scarier later. Careful guys, it happens.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I just started this week on modding my interior. This is how far I've gotten so far:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1426368864.805879.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1426368880.092979.jpg

Plasti Dip is some awesome stuff. The texture is really good and it applies very forgivingly. I also ordered the shifter boot and e brake boot from Redline Goods. I'm happy now to have that bare e brake joint covered up. Seats have been bumped down on the list for now, but I hope to get them redone this year.

·
Such Moderate
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Plasti Dip is some awesome stuff. The texture is really good and it applies very forgivingly. I also ordered the shifter boot and e brake boot from Redline Goods. I'm happy now to have that bare e brake joint covered up. Seats have been bumped down on the list for now, but I hope to get them redone this year.
A friend and I have started to dip cars locally. We will be doing our 4th car this weekend! The things and colors you can do with dip is insane.

Seized the nice weather today and took a few new interior pics :cool:
So awesome!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Alright, I have a fun project in the works now. I picked up a pair of Exige seats with a sub belt cutout, so those will be going in the car soon.

I still need a harness bar and 5th point mounting hardware if you have anything! I've had a few leads, but they've been all but unresponsive.

The plan now is to completely remove the rear plastic bulkhead as it just takes up space and squeaks. I am going to replace it with some carpeting, so that should buy me a little interior volume. I bought some 6x9 speakers and individual boxes, so I'll install the bigger speakers behind the seats on that 'shelf'. Then I will use a rocker switch and LEDs to emulate the light.

If anyone has done any of this, speak up and let me know if I am heading towards certain snags. The first I know of is that I have tried wiring an LED strip in instead of the normal light, and it still glowed a little when off. My guess is I need a diode with a higher voltage threshold or is there something else?

The harnesses are back ordered like crazy, but hopefully I'll have pics of the new bulkhead setup before too long

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did my interior during this years winterbreak just finished last weekend.
Carbon is 3M scotchprint carbon film
Suede covers are from an ebay seller, grey with black stitching.
And Gearlever is from Alitech precision.
Goal was to upgrade the plastic to a cup 260 look so the Alitech Gearlever meets a nicer surrounding.
Didn't go for real carbon because of the cost and because i wrapped already some exterior parts in Carbon film last year and i don't like to mix real with fake carbon.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Autumn gold custom calf splits.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 92 Posts