The Lotus Cars Community banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Personal pref, backup cam, Apple CarPlay, waze onscreen all the time, clean dash (no cell phone).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Yea I guess so. To each their own, but putting a 55inch TV in a studio apartment is quite rediculous.
I’m planning to do something similar, but ordered an 8.8” ultra wide screen system (that shouldn’t really block the HVAC vents or controls). I decided that navigating with my phone on my lap wasn’t really safe and I detest phone mounts. Hopefully it will look like a factory install and at a minimum, it will be safer having CarPlay right at my fingertips.

It is frustrating though because nowadays it’s hard to find a single din CarPlay compatible systems without comically oversized screens (look at Crutchfield lol).

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,884 Posts
I’m planning to do something similar, but ordered an 8.8” ultra wide screen system (that shouldn’t really block the HVAC vents or controls). I decided that navigating with my phone on my lap wasn’t really safe and I detest phone mounts. Hopefully it will look like a factory install and at a minimum, it will be safer having CarPlay right at my fingertips.

It is frustrating though because nowadays it’s hard to find a single din CarPlay compatible systems without comically oversized screens (look at Crutchfield lol).
I just learned about this one few seconds ago. I’m quite intrigued....

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
I just learned about this one few seconds ago. I’m quite intrigued....
Haha! I ordered this:

The height and width are almost a perfect fit for the space too. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and am hoping it arrives next week.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,884 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
I’d like to see that installed. If it fits the area without covering up the hvac and vents this may look great
Once it arrives I will create an install thread to help others! Unfortunately it’s taking forever to arrive...

101 - 120 of 128 Posts