The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see it yet?

Went this morning and I thought it was really awesome!!! Wow!

Disclaimer: I am a bit simple minded when it comes to movie going, so YMMV :panic:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Was Heath Ledger as awesome in this role as they say? I want to see this movie more than any other in a long time! How does his Joker compare to Jack Nicholson's?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ledger was incredible.

Character was much darker (and better) than Nicholson's role, so hard to compare

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I had to stand in the lobby of a theater today for eight hours, shooting people going in and coming out.....but didn't get to see it. :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
The movie was very good but dragged out a little bit toward the end.
As far as Heath Ledger, I think it is sad that some people can be so gifted yet so self-destructive. Too bad he never had a chance to learn how blessed he was.
He was very good in this movie though........everything they said about him in this role could have been said regardless of what happened to him.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Best quote:

cop, "You killed six of my friends"
Joker replies through his teeth, "sixxxssssss?"

Best movie this summer... Heath A+, played joker perfectly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I lost a bet to my wife and had to go see Mama Mia, the ABBA musical movie, instead of the Batman....:(

My wife and I each have a dog. The first dog that fumbled three tossed scooby-snacks resulted in a lose, and that dogs handler would get the Friday night theatrical shaft.

My wife's dog is a 10 year old grizzled veteran of catching things. That dog could probably catch beams of light. My dog is an uncoordinated 5 month old idiot that won't respond to his own name...it was a bad bet..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The Good: Ledger was creepy and funny at some parts. Great performance. 10/10 for him.

The Bad: Plot was basic, simple, and VERY repetitive. Should have been 1.5 hours rather than 2.5 hours. Someone gets kidnapped, batman comes in..someone then gets kidnapped again, batman comes in...etc etc. for the entire movie. Honestly, I was really, really bored after about an hour. First one was great, this one I felt fell far below the first.

5.5/10 (yes I know, everyone is saying how great this movie is right now, but I feel it's more because they're supposed to like it) It would have been a 4/10but Ledger did a great job.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is Batman as big a pussy in this one as he was in the last? 'Cause Joel Schumaker's version with nipple-suits was less gay than 'Batman Begins'.

I don't know about you but personally I prefer my heros make a choice and dispense justice rather than try to 'scare' criminals then push them through the revolving door of the so-called justice system. (I know the purist's argument regarding Batman's technique but if you're going to re-invent the franchise how about re-imagining Batman a pair of testicles?) Seriously, unless Batman drops two and goes a little more Crow, Robocop or Sin City in this one I think I'll pass.

All those ridiculous gadgets, special effects and queer outfits still can't top Paul Kersey's sock full of quarters.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Good: Ledger was creepy and funny at some parts. Great performance. 10/10 for him.

The Bad: Plot was basic, simple, and VERY repetitive. Should have been 1.5 hours rather than 2.5 hours. Someone gets kidnapped, batman comes in..someone then gets kidnapped again, batman comes in...etc etc. for the entire movie. Honestly, I was really, really bored after about an hour. First one was great, this one I felt fell far below the first.

5.5/10 (yes I know, everyone is saying how great this movie is right now, but I feel it's more because they're supposed to like it) It would have been a 4/10but Ledger did a great job.
respectfully disagree, I thought the first one dragged on even though it was a shorter movie. I felt the Dark Knight was a much better movie overall compared to Batman Begins. Action scenes were great and plentiful and character development was superb, i at least was drawn in by batman's struggle towards a normal life. Either way I thought it was a great movie. Personally for me it is the best movie adaptation of a comic book superhero and a film that is worthy of the praise it is getting.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the movie this coming week, I can't wait.

.......As far as Heath Ledger, I think it is sad that some people can be so gifted yet so self-destructive. Too bad he never had a chance to learn how blessed he was......
I don't know if I would label him self-destructive or not but from what I have read he had a brutal work schedule at the time of his death. The combination/quantity of prescription drugs he took wasn't known to be lethal outside the medical community, it looks to me as if he just wanted to wind down and get some rest before starting another day of work. There may be other details not made public but that is how I see it.

I met Heath Ledger several years ago and he was very much a down-to-earth regular guy. He was reserved to the point where I would almost label him as shy. His death was a tragic loss.

Noble

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
can't wait to see it ... how was Christian Bale (best role was American Psycho)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I thought it was amazing, mostly from Ledger's performance. He is what is called a "method actor." (I'm sure many of you know this term). One theory is that he became so involved in creating and becoming the Joker, that the character corrupted him and he couldn't sleep.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if I believe this, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Thumbs up for Ledger.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
haven't seen it - but chistopher nolans films are usualy very complex - if your not paying attention you could miss 1/2 of whats going on and why. but he did dumb down his style just a little bit for batman begins.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I saw it today - BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR. There is no way the third movie will be as good, Nolan and crew took the comic book movie genre to the next level with this one. This is IMO in the territory of Heat and Untouchables. If you go into the theater expecting a full onslaught action movie, prepare to be disappointed - this is a crime drama with major emphasis on drama. The film's exploration of the thin line between good and evil, the sacrifice of doing the right thing, the cost of vengeance, and the role of heroes in society just blew my mind away. I'll be seeing this movie a 2nd time for sure.

Ledger's performance was classic, he will be nominated posthumously and it will not be a favor b/c of his passing, his performance really did earn it. I know this will draw heat, but he was better than Nicholson, even though he was clearly influenced by Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker. Hell, he blew all the other actors out of the water in this movie. Aaron Eckhart was probably a distant second in terms of his performance but he still did a damn fine job as Harvey Dent.

The trailer for the Watchmen also got me excited. Man I need some tissue now...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts