The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my RF turn signal light stopped working.
Dealer says since this light is integrated into the headlight assembly it cannot be repaired separately. It seems the days of going to Pep Boys to get a replacement bulb for $1.49 are long gone :rolleyes:.
A new headlight assembly is on its way--fortunately under warranty as it's a $1500 item :eek:.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know for sure, but it seems to me that one scenario might be for someone (Lotus or OEM supplier) to re-condition my old unit as a returned "core" and re-sell it as "used". Hard to imagine they would just scrap it!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I've been told by my own dealership that the failed parts are usually required by Lotus for further investigation. Now I don't know what happens to them after that, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they ultimately find their way back into the market. Just a guess. I don't recall seeing an explanation of where any OEM Evora part came from that was sold here on the forum but again it's just wild speculation on my part.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been told by my own dealership that the failed parts are usually required by Lotus for further investigation. Now I don't know what happens to them after that, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they ultimately find their way back into the market. Just a guess. I don't recall seeing an explanation of where any OEM Evora part came from that was sold here on the forum but again it's just wild speculation on my part.

I have wondered myself what happens to the replaced warranty parts. My dealer is about to change out both headlights because one of them has started peeling/delaminating and Lotus apparently want to replace both with new units made of a new material?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I have wondered myself what happens to the replaced warranty parts. My dealer is about to change out both headlights because one of them has started peeling/delaminating and Lotus apparently want to replace both with new units made of a new material?
There really is no way to tell if I actually got units made with new material or not.. but it's good to think that I have the newer material :) I did hear mention of the lights being on backorder when mine were ordered so I'm pretty sure I got the newer units. Perhaps this is in my head, but they also appeared much brighter than the original ones.

Only time will tell whether or not they will hold up to the weather and heat of Southern California.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts