The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if your a regular on this sub forum, you most likely have had some extended downtime. While it sucks, its amazing how you can be so excited getting back into the car after not driving it for a while. Almost like the saying "taste it again for the first time" :D

Once I get the car back up and running, this will be the 3rd time I've gone a month or longer with it being down. I think I've put like 2000 miles on the car this year :(

But its always so amazing when I get back in it. I remember how loud and how much of a pain in the ass she is (and I love her for it!)

:shift:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I can relate! I took my car to VF on the 18th, and I have been sitting on pins and needles ever since Jermaine dynoed it at 189 whp (it has a BWR s/c). I think he is testing the compression today and if that is OK, I guess he will start with the intercooler soon. I haven't decided whether I am going to have it shipped back, or my wife and I fly up to MD and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway home.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya you'll love it, the kit is a beast. Just give them some patience, they are very good to deal with, but they are always very busy.

I drove mine from California to Dallas when I bought my car, I've also driven to northern Oklahoma a couple times. Long journeys in these cars are not "pleasant" in any sense of the traditional meaning, but it is very adventursome and memorable. I'd recommend it if you got the time....plus going through small towns in these cars will draw some interesting reactions :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts