The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
301 Posts
The Evora GT has had pretty stellar reviews uniformly. In 10 or 20 years, most will still be somewhere on the interwebs, and I suspect will help the resale value in an era when probably everything is electric and very few people will have actually ever seen let alone driven an Evora. Maybe I'm just being optimistic.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Evora GT has had pretty stellar reviews uniformly. In 10 or 20 years, most will still be somewhere on the interwebs, and I suspect will help the resale value in an era when probably everything is electric and very few people will have actually ever seen let alone driven an Evora. Maybe I'm just being optimistic.
I can see future generations craving a more analog experience and this driving a trend that may fuel someone that's now 10 really wanting one in 15-30 years, or the majority may just be so hooked on tech that an analog car doesn't appeal to a large number of people. There aren't a lot of them so it won't take that many. I tend to agree that the demand will stay pretty strong. We shall see...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can see future generations craving a more analog experience and this driving a trend that may fuel someone that's now 10 really wanting one in 15-30 years, or the majority may just be so hooked on tech that an analog car doesn't appeal to a large number of people. There aren't a lot of them so it won't take that many. I tend to agree that the demand will stay pretty strong. We shall see...
I don't know about the demand. There are quite a few new Evora GTs nationwide still sitting on dealership lots unsold.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about the demand. There are quite a few new Evora GTs nationwide still sitting on dealership lots unsold.
Comments were about the future. These are among the last analog cars being made so the appreciation may not come for 10-30 years. Regarding current demand, dealer network and lack of awareness/advertising are the only things currently holding back GT sales. Also the look appears to be somewhat polarizing. I think they're gorgeous and unique.
Emira being a less analog and more conventional evolution of the Evora will help Evora's place as a classic IMO.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats what they said about Elises in 2007 through 2010 as well. :)
Demand or lack of it for new unsold Evoras GTs is what is being talked about. Secor Lotus of CT has the infamous honor of finally selling their unsold new 2014 Evora S manual sitting in their showroom 7 years later in early 2021.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts