The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking out the Driver's edge website and there is an event at the Motorsport ranch in Texas soon. Has anyone done one of these events before? It sounds fun. Is this actually a driver training course or what? If anyone has any further info on this, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great instruction which is divided into run groups based on ones ability and experience. Organized well and good fellowship with true driving enthusist.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I attended the DriversEdge event at Motorsport Ranch in September. I thought it was well run and well organized. It is very similar to the run group method used by PCA, but not as "tight" as PCA drivers' ed events. I would definitely consider doing another event with them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know 5 of their instrutors pretty well and have attended their events. My top pick among the various organizations until you are a competent solo driver, at which point I prefer open lapping days to DE weekends.

The 3 wrecks at TWS were a freak occurence. I wouldn't draw a conclusion from that other than 3 wrecks happened.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I instruct for TDE and will be at the November MSR event. My Elise isn't here yet (Dec ETA) but I'll be there in my green & yellow (Lotus colors) SRX7. Hope to see you there. My Elise will make the February event (assuming it really does show up in time.)

atyclb is right about the most recent event, it was freakish. In 3+ years of instructing I've never seen serious accident damage at a TDE event. That weekend we had 3 bad incidents. Luckily no one was hurt and apparently the owners' insurance companies are covering the damage. Still - scary situations. We are discussing what we could do better to reduce risk.

PM me if you have any other questions about TDE, or track days in general. It is a huge amount of fun, a great way to improve your driving skills, and a lot safer than driving fast on the street. PCA and TWS Motorsports Club also offer quality track days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts