Votes: 22 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the last poll we had (Todd's) still had Hillary as a factor. Let's try it again.......How are you going to vote??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Im guessing you Mccain voters make over 200k per year.....pretty selfish to condemn our entire country so you can save on taxes.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Im guessing you Mccain voters make over 200k per year.....pretty selfish to condemn our entire country so you can save on taxes.
You do realize that if the only people voting republican were those making over 200k per year, that republicans would get less than 2% of the vote, right? :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
whoever larry wants me to...

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Yes, it's real selfish to want to keep my combined federal and state tax rate at 42% of my gross income like it was this year. Not to mention all the other taxes that bring my total rate above 50%.

Oh and then not be eligible for a rebate.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yes, it's real selfish to want to keep my combined federal and state tax rate at 42% of my gross income like it was this year. Not to mention all the other taxes that bring my total rate above 50%.

Oh and then not be eligible for a rebate.
Don't you realize that it all belongs to the government and that they are being nice by allowing you to keep a little bit? -poke-

·
Registered
999 Posts
You do realize that if the only people voting republican were those making over 200k per year, that republicans would get less than 2% of the vote, right? :)
I believe that is only true, if 100% of all qualified voters actually vote. The actual percentage of voters with over $200K in household income is probably at least twice as high as that.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mccain voters fall in one of these categories...PERIOD

1) Wealthy, more worried about their own personal income than the rest of the country. You would rather have lower taxes funding a pointless war, than to have some of your money HELP AMERICANS...

2)Racists. Will not vote for Obama because he is black (Or the more ignorant thought, "Hes muslim and is going to hand the country over to the terrorists")

3) Old people, esp from a military background.

4) People who only watch fox news

5) military people who dont know any damn better (Probably fit into 4, but might not)

Most Mccain voters will be strong Theists, as well.

·
Registered
999 Posts

1) Wealthy, more worried about their own personal income than the rest of the country. You would rather have lower taxes funding a pointless war, than to have some of your money HELP AMERICANS...

2)Racists. Will not vote for Obama because he is black (Or the more ignorant thought, "Hes muslim and is going to hand the country over to the terrorists")

5) military people who dont know any damn better (Probably fit into 4, but might not)

This type of thinking is surely not very insightful or useful. I would bet that, regardless of which candidate one of the two dominant parties in the USA puts forward, roughly 40-50% of the voters will vote for each party. Even in the 'blowout' of 1984, when Reagan carried 49 states, the percentage of voters who voted for Mondale was 40.6%.

Anybody who thinks that one can easily categorize voters with just a handful of categories is naive.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts

Wow, I wish I had a brush that broad!

BTW, I caught your post in Dust's thread.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1034916-post76.html
Are you sure you're not the troll?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
This type of thinking is surely not very insightful or useful. I would bet that, regardless of which candidate one of the two dominant parties in the USA puts forward, roughly 40-50% of the voters will vote for each party. Even in the 'blowout' of 1984, when Reagan carried 49 states, the percentage of voters who voted for Mondale was 40.6%.

Anybody who thinks that one can easily categorize voters with just a handful of categories is naive.
Find me someone who doesn't fit in that category for Mccain. The fact is, most Americans are ignorant fools, proof being that Ron Paul didnt take the republican nomination. Anyone who researched Ron Paul could tell hes GENUINE and doesnt change his opinion on the issues based off of what votes he needs to whos forking out cash for his campaign.

Let me show you something, you might get a kick out of it.

On this same site look up Ron Paul, compare the differences.

Im voting for Obama because he is the lesser of two evils. I personally dont agree with the social programs he will introduce, but its 100 times better than what Mccain has in store for us, which is more war, which will further increase Gas prices, forcing all businesses who rely on ships or trucks to raise prices. Inflation will crush the middle class, which a vast majority of Americans are a part of.

Money spent by Obama will AT LEAST BE SPENT AT HOME, Id rather see my tax dollars spent on universal healthcare than to be spent killing off our military men and women and pissing off the world.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts