The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all enthusiats out there. As you have all probably heard by now, we at Fox Valley Motorcars, just recieved 9 more cars yesterday. Yellow, Graphite Grey, Chrome Orange, Artic Silver, Ardent Red.

Let me preface the next set of comments by introducing myself. This is my first posting to the forum. I have been an employee of Fox Valley Motorcars for over three years now. I was in service for two plus years and have been in sales for a little over a year now. My father, Bill Nuccio Sr started the concept for this store almost ten years ago, starting in St. Charles. We have been both a Lamborghini and Lotus dealer now for about as long. We moved to West Chicago about six years ago. We have been happily moving along the last several years, including being Lotus' top selling dealer for a better part of the last five years.

That leads to me and where we are moving. The Elise is creating a whole different feel for our company. This is the first volume vehicle we have ever sold, by our standards. We will no doubt continue to grow as a company and we look forward to each and every new customer to make a relationship with. No one is perfect and we can't always please everyone, but it is in our heart's to try.

My father started in the business 28 years ago and the reason he is still in it is Passion. Passion of the experience is his greatest philosophy. By that I mean that he believes every experience should be much more than buying a car, and with a passionate staff that is possible.

With out getting into a further tangent, I want to welcome you all to respond to an idea we have been investigating.

THE ELISE EXPERIENCE

On a different note, I am in the process of putting together a program that would occur at a race track (to be named). The idea would be to give training exercises and track time available to all Elise customers as well as interested participants. The morning session would be skid pad instruction including braking, slalom, apexes..etc. Then the afternoon session would be spent on the track with an individual instructor in each car. You would rotate in roughly three groups, with four people in each group, so you will get very individual treatment and instruction.

The big question is always: How Much?

The answer right now is about $995 per person for a day session

Where?

To be anounced, but looks like Gingerman or Autobahn CC

Who will be involved?

I have teamed up with Richard Parramint from England and Alastair McQueen (former Lotus Driver) on the concept for this event. They would help me to provide the instruction and format for the Experience. They currently do a similar event in England, as many of you have probably seen or been apart of. They know this car and would be able to give you the proper experience that you should have. They would cost more to bring over than US Lotus employees, but may be worth it.

In all, the responses I have seen from their event has been wonderful. They bring a great assett to the table.

The biggest piece of news however is that Lotus Cars USA is interested in being involved and would help me in terms of providing information and product.

THAT MEANS, YOU DON'T NEED YOUR OWN CAR TO PARTICIPATE!!

This opens the range of possibilty for this event up to anyone who is interested, not just Elise owners, which is very few currently.

This has been a long message to read I'm sure, but if you made it this far, that means that you have interest. I am open to hear all comments and thoughts openly on the forum or privately to [email protected]

I am very excited about this car and the whole experience. There is alot of work that still needs to be done before this event can happen, but I need a positive response out of at least 60-100 people before I can truly start making obligations.

My intial thought is for 10, 1 day sessions with 12 people per day.
I have the general dates of April 11-22 in mind for the first set of sessions. It would only run during week days to keep costs down. Please let me know how serious any of you may be. Ideally I would take a $100 refundable deposit for anyone who is truly interested. Again, I am still working out most of the details so I am open to any and all thoughts.

Thank you for your time,

Bill Nuccio Jr
630-231-3400

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Count me in $995 is less than I paid for the same event in England. Alastair McQueen and Hyla are the best:bow:

Please do bring the people from England it is worth the extra to have people that have been teaching enthusiasts how to drive the Elise for years:)

I think it would be great if they did a Lotus Driver Training Tour and started on one side of the country and did dates at tracks working their way across.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Great to have you here! Sounds like an amazing experience. I'd need to give that some thought, but it's a possibility.

Hey, how about doing it in Washington, DC??? :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sounds great, so for a dummy like me, where exactly is gingerman raceway???
Chris
please put me on the list for info, I've emailed you.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Great idea. If you get Alastair McQueen, I'm there!!!

The next step would be to take this to other tracks around the country.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Just an FYI-you can take three days of autocross courses from various providers, driving your own Elise, for less than the $995 you are charging.

I think it's a nice option to offer, though!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Surferjer said:
Just an FYI-you can take three days of autocross courses from various providers, driving your own Elise, for less than the $995 you are charging.

I think it's a nice option to offer, though!
You can also do a 2 day BMW CCA school for about $200 or less, have a blast in your Elise, and have an instructor in the car teaching you the ropes. Plus Gingerman in my book is boring. Mid-Ohio would be a blast in the Elise.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Interested! Kind of nervous to take an almost new $40K car on a track, but if you get those British guys in for instruction, it would be hard to resist. Please keep us posted. It would be great if you could stick to tracks with runoff room.

Information about Gingerman is here, it's "in southwestern Michigan, 6 miles east of the Lake Michigan resort community of South Haven."

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/Gingerman.php

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Sounds great to me Bill. It's very cool for a dealer to spearhead something like this. I've sent you an email.

--Josh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gee, I can go the track (Thunderhill, Infineon, Laguna Seca) and get one on one instruction for $200. I could go for 5 days for a grand. A grand would make sense for non owners if they provided the cars.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm interested.

Two suggestions: First, hold the event at several different tracks around the country. That would make it easier for a lot of us to get there.

Second, how about a two tier pricing structure? $1K if you provide a car, and a much lower price if the student brings his own car.

kbob

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
kbob said:
I'm interested.

Two suggestions: First, hold the event at several different tracks around the country. That would make it easier for a lot of us to get there.

Second, how about a two tier pricing structure? $1K if you provide a car, and a much lower price if the student brings his own car.

kbob
Those are both very good suggestions, but it would obviously only make sense for Fox Valley to do this in their market so spreading it around the country wouldn't make sense. It might also violate their franchise agreement with Lotus, depending on how the marketing rules are written.

The pricing structure should definately take into consideration whether a car is being provided or not though.

--Josh

·
Registered
323 Posts
hermanslotus said:
----have a blast in your Elise, ----Best Wishes,
Mitch

Sorry for my English -- somebody may explain the meaning of „ BLAST ” in this context please. ;)

BTW: Surferjer Check your PM

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Ruediger said:
Sorry for my English -- somebody may explain the meaning of „ BLAST ” in this context please. ;)
It's a peculiar idiom. To "have a blast" is to enjoy one's self immensely, to have a great time, a real joy. It's usually more thrilling than just entertainment -- more involved and interactive.

A sentiment similar to "have fun" or "have a great time", but more emphatic.

A really good movie or concert could be 'a blast', but usually it's an activity. "We had a blast on the ski slopes or playing soccer with old friends.."

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
As an aside, Thanks for maintaining a webcam. Lots of fun checking out your showroom. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
@ Ground Loop

Thank you for your help to understand “having a blast “.

In my dictionary I read something like: “blow up; destructive wave of,” etc.:no:

Nevertheless I would advice to start a new Thread about Accusump sytems.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sure, I could join BMWCCA and pay xxx for x amount of hours. This would be more of a formalized school if it's anything like what Lotus UK does with the Alastair Mcqueen experience at the factory. I believe this runs 650 uk pounds and you have an instructor and two students (Patricko just took this). Plus the opportunity to have one like Alastair, Hyla or Gavan to teach, it's well worth the $1k.

NOw all you guys talking about how much cheaper you can do track time, try pricing a track car rental. Bills words -

"THAT MEANS, YOU DON'T NEED YOUR OWN CAR TO PARTICIPATE!! "

By the time you price in insurance etc, you're at the same point. It's also not fair to compare an autocross school to a track school. An autocross doesn't require track rental which is significantly higher than what it would cost to rent an open area for autocross (I think Road Atlanta track rental is around 10K for a weekday.)

Chris

·
Registered
538 Posts
Put me on the list! Even though we're not local, flying in would be an option since we wouldn't need our Elise. :)

Sounds great!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts