1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice read, thanks. Reminds me again why this is a special little car, and why every time I bring it to a Porsche or BMW club track weekend I get a crowd of German car guys wanting to sit in it and talk about it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good read. It's disappointing that our cars in the US are relatively heavy compared with what they offered in the UK.

That S1 is the shape I originally fell for. What a little beauty.
I remember the first time I saw a picture of an S1: I told myself that I had to own that car one day.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't forget to read the designer of the Elise's comments on the side bar in the link!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Good read. It's disappointing that our cars in the US are relatively heavy compared with what they offered in the UK.

That S1 is the shape I originally fell for. What a little beauty.
^ +1 x10 to the 12th.

·
Registered
831 Posts
While the S1 is a sharp shape, I've seen a few in person and prefer the later federal version for pure looks.

There is an S1 track version that I saw in the US, in black, that looks fantastic. I'm not sure what the proper nomenclature for it is, but it has a factory cutoff switch and some other bits and pieces, the whole thing is tiny and mean.

·
Registered
48 Posts
While I fully acknowledge the S1's purity and would welcome the opportunity to own one someday, I just can't get over that catfish face. Thank goodness you can't see it while driving it. What a huge styling improvement the S2 was!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts