The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a home to go along with my elise. I found a great home close to where I Will be working in june, but the driveway is just way to high. I can just get my STI in the garage but by an inch or so. This means I wont ever be able to get the elise in there with out some sort of damage, so ill be moving on looking at ohter homes....

PS, I sold my STI yesterday, I am all ready for my elise now!!

Adamp

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think he was trying to imply that the Elise will cause him to buy a house also. So really his cash outlay will be Elise + house = ????

But, of course, that's my guess as to the title's meaning... :p

Bob

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Is this something new on the option/accessories list?

Touring Pack
Sports Pack
Hardtop
House w/ suitable garage & driveway...
Stage II exhaust

:cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Adam P said:
I am currently looking for a home to go along with my elise. I found a great home close to where I Will be working in june, but the driveway is just way to high. I can just get my STI in the garage but by an inch or so. This means I wont ever be able to get the elise in there with out some sort of damage, so ill be moving on looking at ohter homes....

PS, I sold my STI yesterday, I am all ready for my elise now!!

Adamp
As I posted a few weeks back, you aren't alone. I have a house in florida that I am not using and have been in NJ for 2 years now. I need a garage for my Elise baby and won't be able to park it on the street..... looking for houses now and yeah the whole incline of the driveway can be an issue ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
khamai said:
Is this something new on the option/accessories list?

Touring Pack
Sports Pack
Hardtop
House w/ suitable garage & driveway...
Stage II exhaust

:cool:
Ding Ding Ding!!

Na, I have been planing on purchasing a home for a year or so and I have recently started looking. I found what would be a great home, but the driveway is way to steep and wont allow for a "sports car" to be pulled into the drive way. I had to choose, the elise and another home or this home and no elise, we are looking at other homes again....

Adamp..

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
So Kiyoshi,
I see by your avatar you've graduated from auto-xing rental taurus' to trucks now? What's next, a kenworth??:D
Chris

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Chris
With all this waaaaaaiting going on, I had to start driving my Tow vehicle!!!

Kiyoshi

P.S. I was within 1/2 sec of the fastest V8 Esprit this day!!!:D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The curb on my driveway looks like this - I am trying to figure out a way to get the elise over the bump. Our Z4 scrapes if we're not really careful and angle it just right. No way will the elise make it over. You can see some scrape marks where my Factory Five Cobra would hit.

I don't want to use boards to get in and out of the driveway everday - I may have to dig out a section to lower it but that would look like hell. Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
My driveway has some (lots of) root damage that ended up leaving humps about the height of the lip of your driveway. I went to Home Depot and bought a couple of cans of asphalt patch and built a little blacktop ramp. Not sure if you'd figure if that looks better or worse than using boards.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I thought about that - problem is that the road is on a slight downwards slope and there is a sewer drain right after my driveway. If I build little ramps I would have to put tunnels in them! - otherwise they would interfere with the runoff and rain water would build up at the ramps instead of continuing down to the drain.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Donovan said:
<snip>

I don't want to use boards to get in and out of the driveway everday - I may have to dig out a section to lower it but that would look like hell. Anybody got any ideas?
Can you back into the driveway? Will that make a difference?

ed

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. We have such big problems! :D

Seriously though, I never imagined such a small detail could piss me off so much. There probably is a really simple solution to this...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey jeff, I live in Florida and I too am looking for a house to put my Elise in. Right now I'm in an apartment with uncovered parking. That just is not acceptable for the Elise. I'll probably get my car early next year. So, I'd better get my house soon.

·
Registered
687 Posts
In my previous place, I had a single-car garage, no street parking, and the uncovered parking spaces were allocated on a lottery system.

If I wanted to keep my existing car along with the Elise, I needed to move so that I could park both cars since an additional parking spot was not guaranteed to be available.

So I moved to a new house last January :). No 2-car garage, but street parking is now available to me. Of course, the Elise gets the garage.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You could build the asphalt ramps like they suggested, but it's easy to put 'tunnels' through them. Just go to your local hardware store and buy a little pvc pipe. stick it on the ground first, then build the ramp over it. There you have it.... ramp with tunnel for drainage.

Cade

1 - 20 of 27 Posts