The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it was hinted yesterday by someone that the dealers NOW KNOW when the cars will be arriving. People have posted various info in a million different threads, so I'm making ONE thread for just this purpose.

With that said, I tried calling my dealer last week but havent heard back from him yet, busy busy.

So, everyone call your dealer today and post here, lets see what we come up with. :D :clap:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I spoke to my dealer on Monday. He told me that they would get their first shipment mid June. I'm in the first batch so I should (hopefully) see it then. He also said my car has already been built.

Too bad they don’t have a similar policy for car deliveries as they do for Pizza. You know the, “if it’s late it’s free” thing:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Called Maplecrest on Monday...demo car and first batch end of June. Whenever you were supposed to originally get your car, add 6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Silver Star of Thousand Oaks called me to tell me end of June.

they expect two batches to cover the first 11 cars (10 plus demo) with the first of these being the end of June. (leaving me to guess that they think they'll have 5-6 cars in that batch.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Cars in lots late may/early june all set for mid june launch date is what I got. Dave at Behlmann Mid Rivers has been very up front and honest about his data and I have had no reason to doubt otherwise. 11 Cars in the first batch, he didn't think the demo was going to be in that first batch due to the parts issue.

·
Registered
387 Posts
A request: Can we define what "first batch, "second batch" means? Preferably with a the number of your spot and the dealer.

I ask because I thought I was first batch, #8 at Valenti in CT, but was told 2 weeks ago that my car is likely Aug/Sep delivery, not with the 1st cars to arrive in June. Needless to say, I'm bummed.

So, here's my report: #8 at Valenti in CT. Told to expect my car in August, maybe September.

Steve

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just spoke to Jerry at Overseas Motors. He said end of June for demo and first customer cars. He said they were hoping for the first 10 cars but was not sure.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Batch Clarification

I agree with Steve. I'm #29 at Newport European, and was able to order as a part of the second batch. Please keep in mind that the first batch was #1 to #10, and somehow the second batch became #11 to #30. Does this mean that they'll be delivering cars by "batches"? Any input is highly appreciated.
dechien

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Steve said:
A request: Can we define what "first batch, "second batch" means? Preferably with a the number of your spot and the dealer.

I ask because I thought I was first batch, #8 at Valenti in CT, but was told 2 weeks ago that my car is likely Aug/Sep delivery, not with the 1st cars to arrive in June. Needless to say, I'm bummed.

So, here's my report: #8 at Valenti in CT. Told to expect my car in August, maybe September.

Steve
1st batch refers to the first 10 people on the dealer list. These people placed their orders back in January. It is my understanding that the first batch cars have already been built.
Some dealers have ordered inventory cars ahead of customer cars. This practice would of course make a spot number pointless.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
SVAG (Los Gatos Lotus)- As of last week demo and first two customer cars expected sometime second half of June. At #11 should have mine in Sept. The "batches" of orders that went into Lotus doesn't directly correspond to dealer deliveries. In other words all dealers (if any) are not getting 10 cars for first delivery.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Derek said:
It is my understanding that the first batch cars have already been built.
If that's the case, why would'nt they be shipping them? Maybe they're built but awaiting the remapped ecu's? (if indeed that's the production delay).

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Rothrock in PA said first SHIPMENT would be mid to late June, but they didn't know how many cars they were getting at all.

Makes sense based on the rest. Last time we talked about the # of cars per shipment, he said 3-4.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What confuses me is the wide range of delivery dates and not so wide a range in list #'s.

For instance, someone above said they were number #11 and wouldnt see their car until September?!. Another said they were 11 and will see it in July.

Is this due to the Esprit sales factor?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tim at Steve Harris in SLC has said for quite some time that order batches have no bearing on car arrivals. The cars will dribble in not arrive in clumps of 10. He told me that Lotus told him to expect 8 cars between June and August. Not batch 1 in June. The end of batch one probably won't be complete till September.

Steve

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, obviously some dealers arent getting as many cars as others or something.

I guess maybe Im confused because my dealer ( LOA) is getting two shipments ( I think) because they took over Spruell Lotus.

I'm number #5 and #10 and Im hoping to get both my cars in at the same time....late June early July.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts