The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hmmm.... I just got some info that conflicts with the above. Wally at Star stated that the cars are already on the water and close to docking. I wonder if he is being fed some BS or if that is true and there is a conspiracy to "surprise" us with earlier than expected deliveries???

I took a longer drive in the 111S that is there. I was trying to figure out why my driving impression of the ride was different than others. I'll post those observations in the appropriate thread.

Ara

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Can I assume, despite being #1 in Boston, my LSS equiped car will not be in the first batch. Did they have enough wheels for the first batch? I can't believe the supplier could not meet the LSS demand. My guess is LCU placed the oreder for the wheels late underestimating the demand. Either way very poor management on Lotus' part.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Speculating the LSS cars will be delayed is premature. As to why of the shortage, I was told the issues related to the manufacturing process at the company making them, NOT Lotus.

Chris

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I hope you are right Chris. Hard to say where the blame lies. It could indeed be the manufacturer, especially if Lotus underestimated the demand (which I believe is true by our previous poll) and placed the order without leaving sufficient time for production.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
When Symbolic took orders for the first 30 customers, did they take 30 from each location or the first 30 customers combined? If it was combined, then 6 cars per month isn't terrible (3 cars per location), and those who have ordered could still get their cars by the end of the year. I would have thought they would get 10 per month (and maybe they are).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Pretty sure that Symbolic worked things out with Lotus and has been ordering off both lists. They are getting two demos, as well.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I know they have been ordering off both lists, but the question is whether they have ordered 60 cars(30 from each location) or 30 total(in order of date deposit placed, irregardless of location).

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Ah, I can answer that, because I have been told (twice now, from two Symbolic guys) that I ended up 27'th on the LA list, and they took and placed my order in early March. So, they must have placed a total of 60 orders (30 for each location).

Cheers, Mike G.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Ara said:
Hmmm.... I just got some info that conflicts with the above. Wally at Star stated that the cars are already on the water and close to docking. I wonder if he is being fed some BS or if that is true and there is a conspiracy to "surprise" us with earlier than expected deliveries???
No. Cars are not on the water yet.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just got back from my dealer (Park Place). No new news - all they know is there demo got pushed back to June something. They know nothing on allocations, number they will get, etc. They are up to 130 deposits.

They did recently sell two 25th anniversary Esprits (red and BRG) and just got their LAST Esprit - a beautiful black with black leather. They said they asked Lotus for two cars because they sell everyone they get but Lotus said thats it, they are all gone!

They did indicate to me that past Esprit sales still weigh in allocations but due to some backlash from other dealers on this policy it is no longer the primary factor. They are looking at the market area, number of deposits, etc.

Funny that Park Place just got this car and it is already on the web site. Updating a website must be real hard. :rolleyes: Get with the program Lotus!!!

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/webinventory/details.asp?id=2911

61 - 70 of 70 Posts