The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm sitting in the reception area at Lake Forest Sports Cars. Surrounding me are about 50 cars, including Ferrari FF, 612, 458, 430 and even an F40. Also, many Maseratis, about 20 Aston Martins - Rapide, Vanquish, etc and 8 McLaren's.

Right next to me are two Evoras - white over black and Ardent red with gloss black wheels, black spoiler/diffuser and the black roof.

Christ, this car is gorgeous. I really forgot how pretty of a car they are. Pictures really do this car no justice. As much as I love the skittle colors, I'm thinking the ardent red (which really is Ferrari Red) with the black accents - is pure sex.

Had to share that.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
So, I'm sitting in the reception area at Lake Forest Sports Cars. Surrounding me are about 50 cars, including Ferrari FF, 612, 458, 430 and even an F40. Also, many Maseratis, about 20 Aston Martins - Rapide, Vanquish, etc and 8 McLaren's.

Right next to me are two Evoras - white over black and Ardent red with gloss black wheels, black spoiler/diffuser and the black roof.

Christ, this car is gorgeous. I really forgot how pretty of a car they are. Pictures really do this car no justice. As much as I love the skittle colors, I'm thinking the ardent red (which really is Ferrari Red) with the black accents - is pure sex.

Had to share that.
I'm sure they're willing to deal. Ask for a loyalty discount. ;)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told them I'd trade my Elise and $2K in for the F40 that's in the showroom! :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
You should get a good price for your Elise now since values are up. The Evora's are still pretty weak.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah - not in a position to trade, but since Evoras are just not seen in person (usually just at a dealer), I forgot how gorgeous these cars are.

They definitely look better in certain color vs. others.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

Had to share that.
I saw a beautiful red one last summer at the Winston Salem, NC dealer. Yes it was stunning.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f113/new-lotus-dealer-nc-104997/

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Can't imagine changing a thing. People seem to love to do it, but it's perfection in my book pure stock.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Pictures don't do them justice.

·
Premium Member
6,978 Posts
Swinglo mine is For Sale and with your trade in or private Elise sale might be a pretty easy transition. Did I mention its Persian Blue!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I dare you to drive it and then not want one........

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
They definitely look better in certain color vs. others.
For me the worst Evora color is white and white is my first choice on every other car out there, very strange. I think they look best in black and that's generally my least favorite, stranger still. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Yes - pictures don't capture the look.

I agree - Ardent red with gloss black wheels. Do you have a picture.

I like the black spoiler, but don't see many that have it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Big difference between the two whites they have though... But neither white in picture does it justice.

For me the worst Evora color is white and white is my first choice on every other car out there, very strange. I think they look best in black and that's generally my least favorite, stranger still. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dare you to drive it and then not want one........
I did. When I bought my current Elise, I flew out to Newport Beach to get it. Abe was kind enough to let me drive an Evora S all weekend while the wife and I had a mini vacation.

While I very much liked the car, I didn't move me like the Elise does. My daily is an Audi S4 and the Evora felt too much like a daily type car versus the raw stripped down visceral nature of the Elige. Too similar to a daily if that makes sense.

To me, it's like certain actresses/models/etc - for example, Kate Upton. Many (most) guys will look at her and lose their minds. For me, I look at her and say 'yeah hot and huge lungs', but that's about it. While she's gorgeous in every way, she just doesn't do that much for me. Make sense?

That's how I felt about driving the Evora for a weekend. While I very much LIKED it, I didn't LOVE it. That being said, I think they are stunning.

Then I couple that with the bevy of 'little issues' that we see pop up time and time again and with no proper dealer in the area AND the lack of a removable roof - became the dealbreakers for me.

So, what I'm saying is - I'll probably trade my Elise in for an Evora next spring! :)

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
LOVE the styling from ath A pillar back.

A pillar forward, not a fan at all. Almost looks like the front was designed by a different designer than the back, and that they weren't talking during the process.

·
Registered
795 Posts
LOVE the styling from ath A pillar back.

A pillar forward, not a fan at all. Almost looks like the front was designed by a different designer than the back, and that they weren't talking during the process.
Lotus did an extraordinary job of bridging the future with the past with the front-end design. The Evora from the A pillar back is an Exige on steroids; from the A pillar forward it's a McLaren 12c. Hence it holds appeal to a broader set of eyes IMO.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Lotus did an extraordinary job of bridging the future with the past with the front-end design. The Evora from the A pillar back is an Exige on steroids; from the A pillar forward it's a McLaren 12c. Hence it holds appeal to a broader set of eyes IMO.
Ok. I still don't like the front styling.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts