The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's one of those cars that looks much better in person where the proportions can be realized. But I WISH they hadn't made the top look like a toupe! Especially the line across the top and sharp corners at the edges of the windshield, it should have been curved at the top corners like the Elige. I think it's the one fly in the ointment. I wonder if body colored A pillars would help.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
It's one of those cars that looks much better in person where the proportions can be realized. But I WISH they hadn't made the top look like a toupe! Especially the line across the top and sharp corners at the edges of the windshield, it should have been curved at the top corners like the Elige. I think it's the one fly in the ointment. I wonder if body colored A pillars would help.

I see what you're saying but it doesn't really bother me to be honest.. In fact I think the original design intent was to make it as if the entire side and front glass are one continuous shape.

...as evidenced by the choice of a black glossy A-Pillar trim, instead of a body-colored one:

I think Steve Crijns, the man behind the Evora's exterior design, borrowed that "visor" concept from this wild "Hot Wheels" concept he did prior to the Eagle concept:

But you can note the body lines and other similarities, such as the overhang along the sides, and as well as the dead-on front-end profile in this side view of the Hot Wheels concept...

.. I even see similarities with the wheels..

...but of course concepts on paper don't always translate completely in reality. It would be interesting to see body colored A-pillars. I p'shopped it once but I can't find the file. Anyone with Photoshop want to give it a try? I don't have it installed on my current computer, and I've been scrapping by with Pixlr for basic things (like resizing).

·
Less is Better
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMHO that's the reason why the "black pack" is a must for all non black cars...
I hated it on the NSX, but you're right, this works great on the Evora at the top, but why black out the bottom too?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I hated it on the NSX, but you're right, this works great on the Evora at the top, but why black out the bottom too?
The blacked out sills add to the curves of the car and give the car that "tight waistline" look.
The black package make the car look just a bit more exotic IMHO:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Evora has always reminded me of the Lancia Stratos, which is Very Good Thing . Especially the greenhouse. The Stratos had very thin A-pillars, so I think that might work on the Evora.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts