The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A slightly psychotic little sister...

I picked up Aaron Elsner's Spec Racer Atom a couple of weeks ago. I finally got it set up and took it out on the 3.1 track at MSR Cresson yesterday. I love her already, but she's got a mean streak that comes out of nowhere like that psycho girl you dated back in college (You know we all had at least one). The Exige is bad enough when you blow a downshift, but the Atom punches you in the nuts when you do it. It rewards VERY smooth driving and punishes anything else.

My garage makes me happy.

For anyone who watches Shipping Wars, Jarrett Joyce delivered it and didn't screw anything up.

Attachments

·
2006 Exige
708 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

I love the orange & white stripes on your garage floor to match the Exige! Neat idea.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Awesome, I bet those things are a blast to drive.

Maybe you'll be on shipping wars! haha

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I bet those things are a blast to drive.

Maybe you'll be on shipping wars! haha
I was hoping they'd be filming, but they had already finished up the 2nd season.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
That is awesome! I want to get some seat time in one... or buy one but I'd rather just use someone else's and pick up an Ultima GTR :p

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is awesome! I want to get some seat time in one... or buy one but I'd rather just use someone else's and pick up an Ultima GTR :p
If you are ever in the DFW area, let me know. If the track and my schedule are open, we can head out there.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I. Hate. You!

Well done. You sir, have great toys. Cars should be about driving FUN!

Your Exige? Fun.

Your Atom? Fun.

And your JKU? Fun.

The Elise actually pushed me into the JKU. After years of driving 'luxury' suvs, I wanted to have a similar 'fun' experience when I drove my daily (work, meetings, travel and winter). What options did I have when I need to lug around 3 kids, tow a boat or the Moke and lug wood/drums/etc? No brainer! Dual top JKU! A different kind of fun, but fun nonetheless!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Elise actually pushed me into the JKU. After years of driving 'luxury' suvs, I wanted to have a similar 'fun' experience when I drove my daily (work, meetings, travel and winter). What options did I have when I need to lug around 3 kids, tow a boat or the Moke and lug wood/drums/etc? No brainer! Dual top JKU! A different kind of fun, but fun nonetheless!
I just got the JKU back in Feb. I love it! I had 2 Jeeps before we had kids, but the '99 Sahara was just too small to DD with 2 kids to haul around. The day I sold it, I told my wife I'd get one again. This one will go to my oldest son in a couple of years. We actually call it his Jeep, but it is mine to play with until then!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I just got the JKU back in Feb. I love it! I had 2 Jeeps before we had kids, but the '99 Sahara was just too small to DD with 2 kids to haul around. The day I sold it, I told my wife I'd get one again. This one will go to my oldest son in a couple of years. We actually call it his Jeep, but it is mine to play with until then!
Lol, I was going to post you *must* not be married to have this kind of fun. Well played sir!:clap:

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
If you are ever in the DFW area, let me know. If the track and my schedule are open, we can head out there.
I'm down there alot.

I know he is down there every once in a while as well. We might both have to take you up on the ride offer!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome to the Exige+Atom brotherhood...very exclusive club. There a a few of us out there. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, I was going to post you *must* not be married to have this kind of fun. Well played sir!:clap:
One of the coolest wives ever...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm down there alot.

I know he is down there every once in a while as well. We might both have to take you up on the ride offer!
Seriously, just let me know when you are coming down.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the Exige+Atom brotherhood...very exclusive club. There a a few of us out there. :)
Thanks! I wonder how many miles the Exige is going to see now. It may get driven to the track and get parked a lot. This Atom is way too much fun!

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
A slightly psychotic little sister...

I picked up Aaron Elsner's Spec Racer Atom a couple of weeks ago. I finally got it set up and took it out on the 3.1 track at MSR Cresson yesterday. I love her already, but she's got a mean streak that comes out of nowhere like that psycho girl you dated back in college (You know we all had at least one). The Exige is bad enough when you blow a downshift, but the Atom punches you in the nuts when you do it. It rewards VERY smooth driving and punishes anything else.

My garage makes me happy.

For anyone who watches Shipping Wars, Jarrett Joyce delivered it and didn't screw anything up.

Congrats now you went from almost a Go-cart to a real Go-cart Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts