The Lotus Cars Community banner

What should the Facebook group name for Black Lotus Owners

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. The Notorious BLG (Black Lotus Gangsters)
2. Black Lotus Jihad
3. LAB (Lotus All Blacks)
4. Black Lotus International Gangsters (BLING)
5. Dark Knights

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you can vote for more then one. Vote for the ones that you would join. This poll will close in 5 days.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Please at least include a none of the above option.

I'm a grown man with a fantastic car, lets at least see if we can have a name I'm not embarrassed to reference.

Of the 5 listed, you have 1 comic book reference, 2 gangster references, 1 uses the word jihad which is considered offensive in many circles for a variety of reasons, and a Rugby reference which just about everyone is going to be confused about. Of the ones you list the comic book one is the least objectionable, but at the same time, people will expect a dark knight group to be about something else.

I suppose it's possible I'm alone in this. Maybe I'm just showing my age and what you really want is a tongue in cheek group that specifically targets younger kids. If so my apologies.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...yeah, facebook groups for rival car colors should reference something respectable like the mafia or KGB... :rolleyes:

...i voted even though i don't have a black car, so feel free to discount my opinion - i think option one's street thug references are in perfect character with the levity of the issue at hand...doesn't thinking too hard about it kind of take all the spontaneous antics out this exercise?..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
doesn't thinking too hard about it kind of take all the spontaneous antics out this exercise?..
Maybe, but in that case, why eliminate Randy's suggestion of "Black Lotus Owners World Motorsport Enthusiasts".

Oddly enough I also think his more serious suggestion was fantastic "Add Lightness....and Darkness".

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I feel like I need to join the NAACP to choose from the above. Nothing wrong with that, just saying.

I'd prefer something else than the options given. I'll think on it.

I belong to the Yellow, Orange and Black gangs, so maybe I should create a new multi color mafia?

If I HAD to choose one it would be Lotus All Blacks, like the female Rugby team. I dunno.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Maybe, but in that case, why eliminate Randy's suggestion of "Black Lotus Owners World Motorsport Enthusiasts".

Oddly enough I also think his more serious suggestion was fantastic "Add Lightness....and Darkness".
+1 on the Add Lightness... and Darkness.

PBJ (Phantom Black J___)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I think the humor impaired are missing the point. Your competition is the STiG, KGB, and Chrome Orange Mafia. Have fun with it. And if you don't like the choices, then offer some creative suggestions. Cheers. :wave:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I can see the difficulty in coming up with a name as great as the COM or KGB.-poke-

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
COWTSWSFB?
(chrome orange was taken so we settled for black?)

·
Registered
821 Posts
how about Phantom black jihad? (PBJ) - should find a better "j" word IMO

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
"Add Lightness... and Darkness"

+70 (I asked 69 other Lotus owners with black cars and they all agreed. Unless a choice above goes above the 72 picks we have then this would be the way to go.)

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
In the mean time, please visit the Red Syndicate here --> Red Syndicate | Facebook

We are an inclusive group and welcome everyone interested in beautiful cars, even Krypton Green and Chrome Orange ones.

·
Registered
106 Posts
While my Exige isn't black my C32AMG is. Any black car group should be something simple and practical, like maybe "WRR". Wash Rinse Repeat. That is the loop I seem to be stuck in with the black car.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MJF: as others have said these names are supposed to be light hearted and funny, along the lines of KGB, COM, Red Syndicate etc. If I wanted to have a respectable name, I would have picked something boring like Black Lotus Owners Association.

Sound like the Dark Knights is the leading the poll. Which suits my Lotus Talk Screen name perfectly! (and would include the other colors like GG, STi, etc)

As I've stated on the initial thread. I think the group motto should be "Add Lightness... and Darkness"

1 - 20 of 50 Posts