The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Amazing... I never would have thought that Ferrari would license their name to electronic products like laptops and cameras. :(

Unfortunately for Olympus (and Ferrari), the Sony Cybershot T1 is the smallest digital camera currently (and has 5.0 megapixel versus the 3.0 for the Olympus.) I have to admit that I really like my T1... works great, it's light and fits easily in any pocket. And it takes MPEG video and sound as well.

Bob

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rtking said:
I have to admit that I really like my T1... works great, it's light and fits easily in any pocket. And it takes MPEG video and sound as well.
Yeah, but does it do this:
When the camera is switched on, the start-up screen shows a photo of an actual Ferrari F2004 Formula One racing machine and plays the sound of a Ferrari engine, so users can experience the thrill of Ferrari F1 Grand Prix racing every time they turn on the camera.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like I said, it's clearly something for people with more money than they know what to do with. Like you mention, it's not even best-of-breed.

But then again, if I ever find myself missing on experiencing the thrill of Ferrari F1 Grand Prix racing when I go to turn my digital camera on, at least someone's filling the niche.

When does the Lotus Espresso Machine (all the caffine in 1/3 of the volume!!!) with Esprit twin-turbo throttle percolation come out?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Happyfrood wrote:
When does the Lotus Espresso Machine (all the caffine in 1/3 of the volume!!!) with Esprit twin-turbo throttle percolation come out?
I don't know... but I suspect that it'll tell you that your Espresso will be ready in 5 minutes, but will keep delaying filling-up your cup... :rolleyes:

Bob

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
rtking said:
I have to admit that I really like my T1... works great, it's light and fits easily in any pocket. And it takes MPEG video and sound as well.

Bob
Bob, I want to dump my current digital camera; it sucks a$$.

I've been looking at the T1, and am happy to read your positive note. Can you comment on the degree of shutter lag, as this is the Achilles Heel of many otherwise appealing digicams on spec.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi Mike,

Well... coming from an old, OLD Fuji digital camera (2.3 Megapixel... Woo Hoo!) I think that the shutter lag on the Sony is fairly minimal, but I don't have any objective measurement of it. I know that the Sony T1 is advertised to have a high speed shutter, however. In "Microburst" mode, the camera can take multiple images (7.5, 15 and 30 frames per second based upon menu selection.)

Probably the best bet for answering your questions is to point you to a good review from Steve's Digicams

The downsides to the T1 are as follows:

1) Flash is good for close photography only.
2) Small size means that any hand shaking/motion can blur pictures
3) Comes with a rather small 32 MB card.
4) 512 MB Pro Duo media is rather expensive - about $240

Hope that helps!

Bob

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
rtking said:
Probably the best bet for answering your questions is to point you to a good review from Steve's Digicams
Yeah, I'd Googled that and read it, but was interested in your opinion too, having lived with it.

Sounds a damn bit better that what I'm using now (Powershot S40).

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts