The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first customer car is here!!

I just got an email from my dealer(san antonio), the title, "the british are coming". It has pics of a yellow elise with the group from LCU posing for pics. According to the email this is the first customer car to be shipped to the usa according to the email. id post the PDF but I dont have any where to do so..

Adam p

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have significant doubt that the shot in question was even taken in the USA so I'd not be counting any chickens yet... yellow or not.

:confused:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Think that's a pic of the car leaving the factory. Still has to make it to the dealer lot, then a lucky customers hands. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
That is why the pic was not supposed to be released until after it went out to the dealers. But whatever.

Paul, the pic was in England, not USA.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Randy Chase said:
That is why the pic was not supposed to be released until after it went out to the dealers. But whatever.

Paul, the pic was in England, not USA.
LOL! Seems to me the confusion didn't start till the dealer got a hold of the pic and sent it out :D . With the way the dealer sent it out I can see why someone could get the wrong idea

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Since that's Tony Shute standing in front of the car, and he was in the UK week before last, it's safe to say that pic was taken in England...
The amount of sunlight is a red herring, but the pasty white complexions on everybody in the pic should have been a dead giveaway. ;)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Yeah, I will edit the thread title to not be as misleading. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Randy Chase said:
Yeah, I will edit the thread title to not be as misleading. :)
And to think that I was helping the community with this miss information, I should be shot out back with an old army rifle.

Adam p

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Don't take it wrong Adam... just that the title on it's own saying the cars have arrived will set off the resident lunatics.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Randy Chase said:
Don't take it wrong Adam... just that the title on it's own saying the cars have arrived will set off the resident lunatics.
Na, I understand 100%.. I was just excited myself, time for another let down.. Sigh...

Adamp

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
And, Keep in mind, first customer car includes demos too. Don't anyone get their hopes up that this will be a 100 or 200 car shipment, was told mainly to expect the demos, BUT the cars will be shipping out weekly now>
Chris:)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
From the info Chris got the shipments are indeed weekly. So most likely the next shipment of cars should hopefully go out tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts