The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?? the flywheel and clutch upgrade??
I was thinking of just doing the flywheel?? My 2007 elise has 10500 miles and a extended warranty until 2015 to factor in.
Fidanza Flywheel-Toyota Celica GTS, Corolla/Matrix 2ZZ, Elise
[FEC-130131] $349.00 $314.10
From Monkeywr ench
It seems to be the cheapest I can kind. I will supercharge my elise this summer, but I was thinking of just do the flywheel to protect the motor and trans. I would rather the stock clutch go out before the trans which can go with an upgraded clutch. Or should I just do both at the same time?
Either the
Fidanza V-1 Organic Street Clutch Was: $410.00
Now: $393.00

From sector 111
Or the ACT HD//ss clutch around same price
Any thoughts or ideas of others who have upgraded the flywheel do you feel any performance upgrade thanks. Also, should I do one or both?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i wouldn't go for a different clutch if you have NA elise. Maybe the Lotus sport clutch which is TRD, I believe, if you wanted a better one. Doing the light flywheel shouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can recommend the Fidanza V-1 with sprung clutch as a replacement for an SC car. You need to run it in properly. Holds 200 ft/lbs torque and pedal pressure and modulation in traffic is close to stock. Very happy with it.

Coupled with the Fidanza flywheel you are looking at 18.5lb rotating assembly mass versus stock of 23.8.

If you need something that will hold 250+ft lbs then have heard good reports of the Ogura ORC - Flywheel, pressure plate and sprung clutch plate, bearing. again about 18.5lbs total that will hold a lot of power. This is special flywheel that goes with the alum pressure plate assembly and weighs 18.5 lbs.

The Ogura assembly is also available in with solid CF or steel clutch plate but recommend sticking with sprung clutch plates in these cars that take some shock load off the transmission/FD.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I suggest doing neither. I ran the stock clutch and flywheel to 50k miles. and 30k of that was VF supercharged.

If you're pulling the trans for another reason, sure, put 'em in. But don't tear down the car to upgrade something that doesn't need to be upgraded.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I suggest doing neither. I ran the stock clutch and flywheel to 50k miles. and 30k of that was VF supercharged.

If you're pulling the trans for another reason, sure, put 'em in. But don't tear down the car to upgrade something that doesn't need to be upgraded.
This. If you're going to supercharge your car, you might as well upgrade the clutch. If you're going to upgrade the clutch, you might as well upgrade the flywheel since you'll have the transmission out. If you're going to have the transmission out, you might as well pop in an LSD. :shrug:

I just finished all three and am popping my transmission back in today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts