1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
rotfl

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
This is bound to be right up there with the Segway.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I dont get this article... all some guy did was make a drawing... it has no basis in reality whatsoever, not to say you couldnt do it... elementary school kids draw spaceships all the time and I havent seen someone write an article about those :p

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont get this article... all some guy did was make a drawing... it has no basis in reality whatsoever, not to say you couldnt do it... elementary school kids draw spaceships all the time and I havent seen someone write an article about those :p
I took a look at some other articles and he's a design student at Pasadena's Art Center and did this as part of his project. He mention it could become a reality but would need a lot more time and funding to complete.

I give thumbs up for the concept but won't be holding my breath for one to ever make it to production.

But, it does remind of me of this...just more anally comfortable:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The trick is that the 'drawing' looks so realistic now. That makes it news.

In the old days when some kid drew something on a scratchpad, it wasn't news.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he may actually have a model built. Some of the article mention 32 motors that customize the ride/drive position.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I think he may actually have a model built. Some of the article mention 32 motors that customize the ride/drive position.
the article specifically says that there are only drawings -poke-

if I make a drawing of a helicopter you can wear on your back do I get an article in popular science? :p

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
But, it does remind of me of this...
That's hilarious...that's the first thing that came to my mind as well...rotfl

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts