The Lotus Cars Community banner

How much weight do you plan on losing by the time your car arrives?

• 1-5 lbs

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 6-10 lbs

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • 11- 15 lbs

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 16 - 20 lbs

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 21 – 30 lbs

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 31 – 40 lbs

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 41 – 50 lbs

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 51 – 60 lbs

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 61 – 80 lbs

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 81 - 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 100 lbs

Votes: 2 3.2%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orders are being taken for the Elise now and many here have been concerned about putting the car on a diet. I think the car is in great shape already and believe that many of the drivers should look at putting themselves on a weight loss program before they look at how to lose weight on the car.

I created this thread to log the weight loss goals of the drivers and as a place where drivers can discuss their diet and exercise programs. You can also discuss your progress and problems. You can post your weekly loss or gains here.

Use the poll to indicate how much weight you intend to loss and post the details of how you intend to do it and how much time you are allowing for the loss.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm trying to loss the winter fat. Started Weight Watchers today with my girlfriend. It's not bad. I think people in the US have been trained by fast food places to eat extra large portions. This should help us get used to normal sized portions again. I'm also saving money as I now pack a lunch for work:) I go to the gym three days a week I lift and run for cardio. I'm in pretty good shape but if the Elise was a person it would be ripped. I don't want it to show me up on da beach:D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I love this post. I'm in. I'm at 155 right now. I need be back down to 138. I should be there before the my car comes in July/August.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've lost 50 lbs. since November.
I've gone from size 38 jeans being tight to size 34 jeans being loose.
10 more will get me below 200. That's the goal before the car gets here...

I can highly recommend the Lindora program.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robert Puertas said:
I've lost 50 lbs. since November.
I've gone from size 38 jeans being tight to size 34 jeans being loose.
10 more will get me below 200. That's the goal before the car gets here...

I can highly recommend the Lindora program.
What did you do to lose all that weigh?

·
Registered
971 Posts
XconZ said:
I need to gain weight! :cool:

-Eric
There's no need to rush, Eric, it will come all by itself in time.:D

Although I'm at the point where I neither need to lose nor gain weight. Which, by the way, wasn't an option in the poll.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I did Lindora once... worked great, but if you don't change your food choices permanently (I didn't) it all comes back and then some.

Bob

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lumn8r said:
There's no need to rush, Eric, it will come all by itself in time.:D

Although I'm at the point where I neither need to lose nor gain weight. Which, by the way, wasn't an option in the poll.:rolleyes:
I thought about that but the purpose of the poll is to track weight loss goals, so if you're not planning on losing any weight what would it track?

I guess you'll just have to lose the side markers and sun visors:)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I hit a certain age (don't ask I denying the situation) and for the first time started gaining wieght and had the choice of more exercise or really watch my diet. I like to eat way too much so I am running a lot more. And smarter choices of foods. 215 pounds back to 195, not bad for for an old guy at 6'-4".

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I really need to lose atleast 10 pounds (beer was too good to resist when I was in England). But the problem is, losing weight is expensive (healthier food, gym membership, etc. are expensive). And since i need to save money for the elise, my diet has to wait.

Although I could do the none eating option, but that would just leave me too dizzy to concentrate on driving.

Oh, I lost 40lbs 7 years ago with Weight Watchers. Definetly a good groupd of people, but you have to be serious about changing your eating habits. I kept the weight off until this year :eek:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm just over 5'10'' and weigh 180. I'd like to get down to 170, I'd be happy. If I weighed less than that, I'd look like I had AIDS. 168 is the minimum I'd like to weigh. Just drinking less beer would be all it would take, but I gotta have my beer and pizza at least two or three times a week. :( I guess I'll just have to be happy not going above 180 pounds. I will only autocross for the fun of it anyway.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Where's the gain weight option?

Since I've been working so much over the last few months, I've actually lost weight - almost 15 lbs (which, for me, is ridiculous). I hope to put that back on before the car gets here so I can cruise around with my gold chains glistening off my tanned, hairy, shirtless chest (while wearing gold rim sunglasses & press-on gold teeth - bling bling).

My recent recipe for weight loss: work 12-16 hr days and only eat two meals a day. :p It's both easy on your relationship AND on your mental health. ahhhhh

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I weighed 135 when I graduated from high school. As a long-term average, I seem to have gained @ 1 pound per year without growing beyond 5'8". Currently at 170 at age 51.

Not planning to lose weight, but I do hope to maintain at this level. I had ballooned up to 185 by the end of 2002, so my wife took away my potato chips, ice cream and a few other things. She was trying to lower my cholesterol, and was successful, but a side effect was my dropping 15 pounds.

I don't really eat healthy food. I have what I want for lunch (Mexican food or burgers, usually) and try to eat a light dinner. Play tennis 3-4 times per week. Don't snack much.

Life is too short to obsess about weight. On the other hand, I'm uncomfortable being too heavy and my tennis game suffers. I probably could stand to lose another 10 pounds, but I don't plan to make the sacrifices necessary for that. Not looking to be skinny, just don't want to be fat.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts