The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
If you are willing to go the distance, you may be in luck. There have been a few Elises around that price range on eBay. You will have to keep a sharp eye though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you are willing to go the distance, you may be in luck. There have been a few Elises around that price range on eBay. You will have to keep a sharp eye though.
distance is not the issue car gets good gas mileage lol the problem is i made the mistake of test driving one. the only complaint is power but i can easy fix that with sector 111 lol

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
...a couple points of clarification - this car's last collision incurred damage to the front clam, crash structure, and radiator, all of which have been replaced...there was no detectable damage to the frame, suspension, nor other components, and the car was neither totalled nor converted to a salvage title...

...i've just spent a couple of days extensively roadtesting this car and would be happy to offer an objective third-party account of its current condition to any interested parties - feel free to PM me for details...
Well, it seems like the car sold to some poor sap in Austin in April (with less than 40 miles on it than when I traded it in - Welcome to AutoCheck) and is now back on the market for sale only one month later in Dallas with about 1300 additional miles on it (2006 Lotus Elise at Straight Line Automotive Group | Dallas, Texas). Perhaps a more "extensive" drive was necessary to elucidate the problems.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This car is now 30 minutes from where I live and just a few minutes from our local Lotus dealer. The price is way too high for that car.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
This car is now 30 minutes from where I live and just a few minutes from our local Lotus dealer. The price is way too high for that car.
Definitely. I feel a little sorry for the dealership, but I they should have done their research.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Perhaps a more "extensive" drive was necessary to elucidate the problems.
:shrug:

...only one person ever inquired regarding its condition, and i gave a rigorously detailed account of every issue i either encountered or wasn't able to verify during my assessment...

·
Registered
112 Posts
These threads make me wonder how anyone gets backed up into. I have never seen a car backup into another car, and I've seen a car backup on the road a handful of times. I wonder where this type of accident occurs? Road? Parking Lots? Drive Thru's?

Does this happen more often than I think? Or does it happen more often to Lotus cars?
Happened to me. Not bad though. I got a new clam and a few annoyances fixed. Guy turned right on a yellow and stopped halfway. Decided not to go and reverse turned in to me. He never checked his passenger side or rear view mirror. I was honking as soon as he stopped. I saw it coming but I had nowhere to go but pass on the left in to the intersection.
I had A good 4+ seconds knowing my fate. I realized quick that if I moved and then got hit it would be all my fault so I just let him hit me. Total idiocy.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Guess what i found..

Its like it never happened.. clean title and everything.. :worried:
Lotus : Elise : eBay Motors (item 130372006194 end time Mar-14-10 15:03:15 PDT)
Well it does have clear title (it doesn't appear it was ever salvage titled) so the ad is fair on that point. It doesn't claim the car has never been damaged and repaired either. You cannot fault the dealership in their presentation of the car. A buyer on the other hand will find this thread if they put the VIN into google.
It is a sad tale - it would be great if the car was all fixed and the gremlins have moved on - all the best for the new owner!

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Well it does have clear title (it doesn't appear it was ever salvage titled) so the ad is fair on that point. It doesn't claim the car has never been damaged and repaired either. You cannot fault the dealership in their presentation of the car. A buyer on the other hand will find this thread if they put the VIN into google.
It is a sad tale - it would be great if the car was all fixed and the gremlins have moved on - all the best for the new owner!
I called him and he said the car has never been in an accident. Then when he realized I knew more than what I was letting on, he finally admitted to saying that the front clam had been replaced.

That car is royally ****ed, and I pity the poor bastard that gets suckered into purchasing it.

Anyone notice that the car only has 4k more miles than when my brother traded it in? Surprise, that's because it's a pile.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts