1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Interesting. It would really come down to how well it handled and I would have to drive one in order to have an opinion on that. If they did not get that right, I think we will see a lot of these cars wrapped around oak trees.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I was done the moment I saw that dweeb get out of the Corvette, but when I think GT-R I think either Skyline or McLaren F1 GT-R. Not a Cobra kit...

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is such a thing as too much. 800 horsepower in a 2400 lb car with no traction control, stability control, or abs is going to cause huge problems for all but the best of drivers. I would agree that it is raw in the sense that it doesn't try to substitute computer management software for driving ability as the Nissan GTR does (in a way at least), but although this could be fun, it's probably going to kill a few people. Personally, I'd go for better handling than a more powerful engine (hence why I'm here).

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I like that there are no electronic nannyism's. I did notice the "showcar-isms" like the automated gas cap and self-opening hood though....

Perhaps those are in to help justify the $595K pricetag?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I like the modern headlights, but that's about it. The interior is lame and that rollbar borders on pimp lameness. It certainly doesn't look like it belongs on the car at all. Just a gross mish-mash of design stupidity.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I was done the moment I saw that dweeb get out of the Corvette, but when I think GT-R I think either Skyline or McLaren F1 GT-R. Not a Cobra kit...
+1
I was pretty much done when the dweeb in the Mini came flying across the dip - the 'Vette guy just closed the deal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting car... I kinda dig it, but it's flawed in so many ways - and certainly not worth the $600k price tag. :eek:

You go in that price range and you better bring something new and incredible to the table - these guys don't (aside from a few novelties). And i'm incredibly curious to see how the hell this car gets 800hp to the ground with no drivers aids or electronics. It must just light the tires all day and not go anywhere....

Not to mention the guy has the gall to say that the Veyron doesn't use quality materials... I'd bet Bugatti/VW spent more time and money developing their turn signals than these guys spent on the entire car...

I could see it as +/- $100k novelty car that could attract a core enthusiast audience... but $600k puts it inline (or close) with some of the most desirable exotics on the planet (Koenigsegg, Zonda, Carrera GT, etc)....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Interesting

But:

1) $595k - hard to justify, even for Goldman Sachs rainmakers
2) Not in Production - Effectively still a concept car
3) Didn't get to hear the engine...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts