The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get in and out of your Elise / Exige in one motion while retaining the airbag.
I was going to replace my two thirds alacantara version with this leather full wrap but I think I'm just gonna move on to a different car all together instead. I wrapped this one for personal use while my kids watched Despicable Me 2 for the eighth time in a row so it's not absolutely perfect. It's very nice but I missed a stich or two and had to compensate. These take an insane amount of labor to convert and recover (around 15 hours) so I'm tentatively asking the rediculous price of $575 shipped.
Worth it? Prolly not but most of you guys make sh!t tons of money so what the hell. I'm leaving the upholstery business in June, this is the final one.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Marius, send me a pic of how those parts look in your car sometime.
I sold my house in the North Pole, I mean Iowa, and now I'm heading to Arizona, I may eventually find a similar line of work but for now at least I'm going to take whatever I can find.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
But......you weren't going to modify this car!!
Lol.
?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Yeah - check out my sig. It was stock for about 15 minutes.

James did the wheel on my last car - I think his car and mine were the only Eliges in existence with flat bottomed/airbagged wheels. My car yearns for it the way Bran Stark yearns to be at King's Landing! :)

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
What part of Arizona are you moving to Yellow99s?

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Headed to Avondale, we close on the house June 11. Anyone have tips for moving a lifetimes worth of junk 1600 miles?

SOLD TO JEFF thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
My only suggestion for moving a bunch of stuff is:
Largest (26 foot) Penske, with the largest two-axle trailer it can pull. Mountains will slow you to about 10-15 MPH at full throttle.
or,
The ruthless sale, (or tax creditable donation to Goodwill) of the non-essentials.
or,
Hand the neighbor kid a pack of matches, and go on a trip for a couple days.
or,
Lighten your wallet to the tune of 5-10k, and let the movers deal with it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Penske is the way to go
Great service, great trucks. Drove one 2200 miles about 6 months ago.
If you have an AAA membership, will save some $$$'s.
I saved money by buying a new AAA, and getting the discount.

I'd buy a steering wheel if you could be convinced to do another-

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Headed to Avondale, we close on the house June 11. Anyone have tips for moving a lifetimes worth of junk 1600 miles?

SOLD TO JEFF thanks again!

Have a yard sale and sell 95% of the stuff you own. I'm serious about this. I moved from Atlanta to Boston, paid to rent a 26' truck, car hauler behind that, boxes, tape, peanuts, and lastly I paid for a storage space $500/month for close to a year before moving into a new house.
When I went to storage to bring things home, I thought the stuff I had in storage could have been sold in Atlanta. That $ and the $ I would have saved from all the other stuff, I could have saved myself a ton of $ to buy new "stuff" as well as the aggravation.
If I moved again, I'd sell everything but the cars and buy all new for the other house.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the moving tips guys, I really do appreciate the help. We are unloading most of our household stuff, it's the 30+ bikes, macaw, reef tank and 100 cubic feet of halloween "essentials" that have me by the balls. :(

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
When you get settled in and you want to make another steering wheel I will take one. Hell I will pay for it in advance

Try to enjoy the move, at least the weather will be nice in the long run!

Darrin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.