1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Only if you don't use sunscreen.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
The salt in the air will instantaneously eat up your chassis and all other aluminum parts.
Park it there for more than five minutes and all you will find when you get back to the car is going to be your front and rear clam and the floor mats...
The rest: GONE :panic::panic::panic:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I took mine to the beach every saturday where I played volleyball and the car sat and waited for me. No worries at all except for the sand gets in the nooks and crevices, no matter how careful you are to wipe it all off. Then it also gets in the car.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'd say if you keep it moving once you hit the sand, you shouldn't get stuck too bad !

EDIT: I figured it out scientifically.....and 89 miles per hour should keep you on top of the sand rotfl

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
will i regret it later if i take the lotus to the beach?
I took the Lotus to the mall and it was okay. I had regrets, but I worked it out. :shrug:

Is there something special about this beach that we should know about?

Sucking vacuum threads always clean up the forum. Or something.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
You might want to sign up for this.......

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I got the x-ray specs instead.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
will i regret it later if i take the lotus to the beach?
Only if you have headrest monitors.... then you might get a large crowd gathering for all the wrong reasons..

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
i was worrying about the sand and salt thing

Seriously, salt is not an issue, though I would not want to subject the car to salt spray, so keep it out of the waves.

Sand is an issue to some degree. As I said, I would make sure I was dry, and then dry towel off the sand. But even then, it would get on the seat rails. Maybe more because I played beach volleyball and one has to dive into the sand a lot?

I took the car every Saturday to the beach for over a year and the sand never became a problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts