The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
dave,
thanks for the good news at the end of your message! i too hav been down lately with all the negative occurances. i even thought to delete the HT option.

however, my beautiful brunette better half said "get what you want on the car. you won't be happy if you change the order on your first lotus. the extra costs just means a little extra work!"

so, as you say, this is a once in a lifetime automobile! and we're getting one!?!

maybe we should all look at the big picture of life here. i'd say that's good news!!
:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. One other part of my experience was the fact that I sold my house and moved, just to get a garage for the Elise.

That garage has been waiting for an Elise for 5 months. I was told my car would here around July.....So I sold and moved with that date as my target.

We all now how that has worked out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
didn't read through ur post, sorry.

but here is my experience:

place 2 order at different dealers last year. so far no call back yet. i called one of them. was told the car is ''maybe'' more than 8 months away (i can't trust them what if some people pay over sticker to get it before me?). then i called another dealer. was told....... the guy that took my deposit had eventually PASS AWAY (yes he died & sorry to hear that!) then they told me they'll call me when my time comes.

well, i don't need a car now as this will be one of my weekend ride. but i'd love to have it asap at least give me a call to tell me what's going on. so far no call... cheers Lotus USA :clap: so far u've done a great job! :mad:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
20C4S said:
didn't read through ur post, sorry.

but here is my experience:

place 2 order at different dealers last year. so far no call back yet. i called one of them. was told the car is ''maybe'' more than 8 months away (i can't trust them what if some people pay over sticker to get it before me?). then i called another dealer. was told....... the guy that took my deposit had eventually PASS AWAY (yes he died & sorry to hear that!) then they told me they'll call me when my time comes.

well, i don't need a car now as this will be one of my weekend ride. but i'd love to have it asap at least give me a call to tell me what's going on. so far no call... cheers Lotus USA :clap: so far u've done a great job! :mad:
Sorry about your problems... welcome to the forum.

But how is what you wrote Lotus USA's fault?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Sorry about your problems... welcome to the forum.

But how is what you wrote Lotus USA's fault?
how's going Randy. this is Arling. i got my camera mount from u awhile back. great product!

i said Lotus USA because i think they should do better follow-up job. anything wrong with that?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
HI, thanks for buying stuff. :)

I think Lotus USA is very limited in what they can do with dealerships. There are contracts and laws. The dealership is a customer of theirs and buys cars. Lotus strongly suggests that they follow certain guidelines, such as offering the car for MSRP... but they can't enforce it. If a dealer orders 10 cars for themselves to sell at market value, it is against the law for Lotus USA to hold that against them.

In your specific case, it seems your complaint is that the dealers are very poor at communicating, not Lotus USA. And we would both agree that it's not Lotus's fault that your contact died.

I am not saying Lotus can't do better.... but it seems like 90% of the problems you cite are from the dealers.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
lol

That we do agree on. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts