The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 100 of 230 Posts

·
www.AffinitiBrokerage.com
MK7 GTI, Emira V6 (soon)
25 Posts
Form submitted! I opted for Seneca Blue but still have a chance change my mind before ordering. I could be easily swayed towards Hethel Yellow!

·
Registered
40 Posts

That’s interesting because one if the first things I noticed was the switch from 2 piece rotors to what look like one piece rotors. I figured it was a cost cutting measure to keep the Emira price down. I haven’t seen what look like two piece on any Emira photo and even thought maybe I should wait for the second year to see if they offer some additional performance upgrades. Never seen two piece offered as an “ upgrade” for any car although I am new to Lotus so....( Actually to be fair, the 718 Cayman/Boxster only has one piece and nobody seems to find fault with the braking performance. Heck, the C8 doesn’t even have cross drilled or slotted and I haven’t heard any complaints..Sometimes you need to wonder how much is aesthetic and overkill vs essential)

In any event, two piece on the “ First Edition” would be a great, IMO.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That’s interesting because one if the first things I noticed was the switch from 2 piece rotors to what look like one piece rotors. I figured it was a cost cutting measure to keep the Emira price down. I haven’t seen what look like two piece on any Emira photo and even thought maybe I should wait for the second year to see if they offer some additional performance upgrades. Never seen two piece offered as an “ upgrade” for any car although I am new to Lotus so....( Actually to be fair, the 718 Cayman/Boxster only has one piece and nobody seems to find fault with the braking performance. Heck, the C8 doesn’t even have cross drilled or slotted and I haven’t heard any complaints..Sometimes you need to wonder how much is aesthetic and overkill vs essential)

I just found it interesting that it's listed as a line-item option, instead of being part of a pack, most likely the Drivers Pack. I think this is great because it shows they are truly thinking of the driver, and not just economy of bundle packaging. They realize there are going to be people who want the better rotors, but aren't going to go on the track. It's going to be really interesting to see what these come with standard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I place my order on Monday 7/12 , $2500 fully refundable, msrp with no markups or add ons
build: seneca blue or nimbus grey , silver forged wheels , black leather interior for now until I see the offerings and pricing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interestingly, the configurator shows these same tips but in chrome if you don't choose the black pack. These may be the standard tips, and those plain ones on the Goodwood car are just for the pre-production prototypes.

View attachment 1292333

I like these a lot. Even though they're going to be a pain to clean, I think they really look good.
Agreed. I think I prefer standard aesthetically, although One concern I have is that not selecting black pack / lower black pack will also leave the interior of the headlights in chrome like in the grey reveal car as opposed to being blacked out like on the blue reveal car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Houston dealer Star Motor for ordering and service? I remember seeing Lotus presence at our local track MSRH, is that Star Motor? I never visited their setup since it’s always been Porsches for me. The Emira has gotten my attention and looking to get one. Hopefully there is a more track focused version coming up with the V6 and manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Think I'm going to go with this spec w/black leather interior, I really wish there were more colors available
2021-07-18 (1).png

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
17 Posts
Have a reservation, but can't complete the form as I haven't finalized some of the specs. I bet many of these choices will be influenced by availability, price, whether any option is an 'exclusive' First Edition only and so on.

My wife likes the Dark Verdant; my son the Hethel Yellow with Ice Grey interior and I'm undecided.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Added configuration. I was glad to see someone else who has a reservation from Lotus Glenview on the forum.
Here's hoping we don't have an ADM to pay...or that it's at least reasonable. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I'm a bit on the fence about it as well. It kind of ties in with the tail lights but I want to put bronze wheels on it later and that might make it clash even more.

Don't know if you saw these photoshops. I would probably go black, yellow or silver (more or less in that order).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Form submitted. Just made a deposit with Gator. This will be my third Lotus I've owned (had an Esprit, now have an Elise).

·
Registered
BMW F31 Sport Wagon
11 Posts

There are a lot of variations on "two piece" rotors and what they are trying to accomplish. Two piece that simply bolts a rotor ring to an aluminum hat saves a lot of unsprung weight but has some drawbacks in thermal performance and rotor durability because the two materials expand and contract at different rates.

I'd be interested in a two-piece setup for track or motorsport use but would strongly prefer fully floating pin-located two piece design, to provide strain relief of the rotor ring as it expands and contracts during high temperature operation. There's a good explanation of this here, if you ignore the marketing fluff: Fully-Floating 2-Piece Brake Rotors

For street use? Single piece rotors will be fine. Replacement parts will be dramatically cheaper and there is zero raw braking performance advantage to upgrading. The advantages to two-piece don't become relevant until thermal scenarios that would be quite extreme (and rather unlikely) on a public road.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are a lot of variations on "two piece" rotors and what they are trying to accomplish. Two piece that simply bolts a rotor ring to an aluminum hat saves a lot of unsprung weight but has some drawbacks in thermal performance and rotor durability because the two materials expand and contract at different rates.

I'd be interested in a two-piece setup for track or motorsport use but would strongly prefer fully floating pin-located two piece design, to provide strain relief of the rotor ring as it expands and contracts during high temperature operation. There's a good explanation of this here, if you ignore the marketing fluff: Fully-Floating 2-Piece Brake Rotors

For street use? Single piece rotors will be fine. Replacement parts will be dramatically cheaper and there is zero raw braking performance advantage to upgrading. The advantages to two-piece don't become relevant until thermal scenarios that would be quite extreme (and rather unlikely) on a public road.
Good link. I bookmarked it. Looks like a set of 4 of the fully-floating 2-piece rotors would be a little over $2k for an Evora, so I'm guessing they'll be about the same for the Emira.

What I like the most (which I do on all my cars) is to reduce unsprung rotating weight. In my experience, there actually is an improvement in braking performance, but the biggest advantage is acceleration and cornering. I'll contact them to find out how much lighter their setup is over stock, but even if it's just 3 lbs less weight per wheel, that makes a difference. Plus the rotors look cool. If I'm spending close to or just over $100k for a car, I'm okay with spending another $2k for better brakes. We'll see what Lotus includes in the First Edition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Spoke with someone at Park Place LTD today. Lotus of Bellevue is a part of them.
It was a conversation unrelated to the Emira, however, I had mentioned that I was going to put a deposit down for the car until they went from $2500 down to $5k.

He said the reason they increased the min deposit was because it "means more to Lotus." Basically his way of saying it helps lock in their allocations.

Any truth to this, do you guys think?

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
17 Posts
Spoke with someone at Park Place LTD today. Lotus of Bellevue is a part of them.
It was a conversation unrelated to the Emira, however, I had mentioned that I was going to put a deposit down for the car until they went from $2500 down to $5k.

He said the reason they increased the min deposit was because it "means more to Lotus." Basically his way of saying it helps lock in their allocations.

Any truth to this, do you guys think?
Lotus sees the same $2500, it's the same deposit for everyone. The difference is held by the dealer. There's a thread about this on reddit.

81 - 100 of 230 Posts