The Lotus Cars Community banner
101 - 120 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
8 Posts
Form submitted! I will most likely be shifting my deposit further down the line until the "First Edition" models are exhausted, in order to spec out my Emira exactly how I want it and/or to wait for further upgraded editions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Form submitted! I will most likely be shifting my deposit further down the line until the "First Edition" models are exhausted, in order to spec out my Emira exactly how I want it and/or to wait for further upgraded editions.
I will be doing the same if I can't spec out my car exactly as I want to.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Spoke with someone at Park Place LTD today. Lotus of Bellevue is a part of them.
It was a conversation unrelated to the Emira, however, I had mentioned that I was going to put a deposit down for the car until they went from $2500 down to $5k.

He said the reason they increased the min deposit was because it "means more to Lotus." Basically his way of saying it helps lock in their allocations.

Any truth to this, do you guys think?
They're the ones I put my deposit with, and yes $5k. It's refundable so no biggie. It may also be to help weed out the non-serious. I just got called by them and was told somebody had already cancelled their order because the wife said no hahaha. At any rate, I was informed I've been moved up one place in the allocation list.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They're the ones I put my deposit with, and yes $5k. It's refundable so no biggie. It may also be to help weed out the non-serious. I just got called by them and was told somebody had already cancelled their order because the wife said no hahaha. At any rate, I was informed I've been moved up one place in the allocation list.
Yes, I know it's a $5k refundable deposit, but they used to charge the $2500 most others are.

I was just wondering if the story the sales guy told me yesterday had any truth to it. He literally said he was "in on that meeting" and said it's to show Lotus how serious they are.

I'm sure Gator is just as serious when they collect the $2500 refundable deposits and selling at MSRP. Is Park Place giving you something in writing saying your car with be sold at MSRP?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are there any other Lotus' or cars that use the same colors as the Emira? ie. Magma Red, Seneca Blue, Hethel Yellow, etc or are these all brand new colors?

·
Registered
43 Posts
nimbus grey is indeed an Audi color; however it looks a lot warmer and lighter in the configurator compared to Audi's (which closer resembles shadow grey) - maybe this is where the confusion was when Shmee mentioned the test car paint being nimbus grey

·
Registered
18 Posts
nimbus grey is indeed an Audi color; however it looks a lot warmer and lighter in the configurator compared to Audi's (which closer resembles shadow grey) - maybe this is where the confusion was when Shmee mentioned the test car paint being nimbus grey
not 100 % sure but Nimbus Grey is a current Audi color
Okay did some quick research and here are some examples I found that might be close.

Dark Verdant (Audi's Verdant Green)

OR Lotus' Racing Green (this looks a bit closer to the Configurator)

Magma Red (Nissan 370z, also called Magma Red)

Nimbus Grey (Audi's Color)

Seneca Blue could be close to Laguna Seca Blue looking at photos, and the other gray we saw the press car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, I know it's a $5k refundable deposit, but they used to charge the $2500 most others are.

I was just wondering if the story the sales guy told me yesterday had any truth to it. He literally said he was "in on that meeting" and said it's to show Lotus how serious they are.

I'm sure Gator is just as serious when they collect the $2500 refundable deposits and selling at MSRP. Is Park Place giving you something in writing saying your car with be sold at MSRP?
Yes, you get a signed letter stating the amount of the deposit, that it's refundable up until the order is actually placed, once the order is placed the deposit is non-refundable. It states your allocation number, MSRP, as well as the final terms for when the order is placed and the car is received by the dealer. Since I believe the guy I talked to said they're getting the second biggest allotment (70 cars), maybe they want to make sure people don't try and play them as a second choice while also placing a deposit with someone else. I don't know. At any rate, I'm in.

I strongly believe this First Edition car is going to become a collector's car; especially as things go all-electric. A First Edition car, low production run, last ICE car, gorgeous timeless styling... it checks off all the right boxes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I strongly believe this First Edition car is going to become a collector's car; especially as things go all-electric. A First Edition car, low production run, last ICE car, gorgeous timeless styling... it checks off all the right boxes.

There is one thing to consider, it may become not only a collector’s car but also a useless vehicle. What if there will be no infra structure for ICE vehicle in the future? No gasoline or skyhigh cost of gasoline or hard to get gasoline, after annoying regulation mandates finally and only EVs are allowed to drive.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is one thing to consider, it may become not only a collector’s car but also a useless vehicle. What if there will be no infra structure for ICE vehicle in the future? No gasoline or skyhigh cost of gasoline or hard to get gasoline, after annoying regulation mandates finally and only EVs are allowed to drive.
In the big cities, that's a possibility, more because the control freaks who want to be in charge of the world also want to take away your ability to even move yourself around. They may have an automated system where you just sit in the vehicle and it takes you to your destination, while you sit inside looking at your personal technology device. Outside the big cities however, it will likely be different with a combination of both electric and ICE vehicles for quite some time. Gasoline may become more expensive, but not for awhile. There are issues with all-electric that the 'green' people don't want to talk about because they're so focused on remaking the world in their image. They don't care at this point, because this is their stepping stone to 'taking over' which is the only thing they really care about. Going electric is just the opportunity to get them there. It's mostly about a shift of global political and economic power, no pun intended.

The materials it takes to make the massive numbers of batteries, are just as finite a resource as oil reserves. Even solar panels require the use of finite resources to make them. Then you have the issue of what you do with these things once they've reached the end of their life. The same political and economic struggles that happen over control of oil reserves, will happen over control of the mining of the resources to make batteries and solar panels. The Chinese are already locking up a lot of those areas and buying controlling interests.

The other 800 lb gorilla in the discussion room about electric, is what are the plans to generate the electricity to charge and recharge all these vehicles? What kind of power plants? How many? Is the power grid up to handling that much traffic? Adding more power lines requires the use of finite resources too. None of this is free, no matter what they tell you. Right now electric generation is coal, hydro or nuclear, with wind generation having been nowhere near the panacea they thought it would be. I haven't seen anything yet that would indicate adequate preparation to supply an all-electric future.

In my case, fortunately I'm old enough that I doubt I'll be around to see the really heavy issues begin to make their presence known. There's also the unspoken issue of sheer numbers. In 1962 the world population was 3 billion. In 2012, it had gone up to 7 billion; more than double the amount of people in only 50 years. I believe we're already now at 8 billion and growing. What's the next 50 years going to bring? If 3 billion could produce another 4 billion in 50 years, what will 8 billion produce? Another 8? Will we have a world population of 15+ billion by the year 2070? I read and follow a lot of things, but I don't (or haven't) seen any discussions about what kinds of plans are being made for that kind of future.

I remember reading science fiction books 50 years ago about this kind of future, but it still feels weird to see it forming up. I thought it would be farther in the future. I live in a semi-rural area and I'm retiring next month. This Lotus will probably be my last car, and I'm okay with that. Somehow it feels fitting that the last ICE car from Lotus would be my last car too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your words are so on and I am not one for many words but I see it exactly the same . Recycled toilet paper in order to make it generates so much water waste that gets dumped so why the Fxxk are we promoting EV ????

·
Registered
63 Posts
so u think Nimbus is audi 's shadow grey ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
so u think Nimbus is audi 's shadow grey ?
I'm not implying that, although it could be possible. I'm just saying it's highly unlikely that Audi's Nimbus Grey is the same as Lotus', given the sheer difference in the configurator. I also think that it's likely that Shmee incorrectly stated that the test car at Goodwood is Nimbus.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Increasing studies point to EVs being a lot cleaner even considering the current additional environmental cost of building one vs an ICE vehicle. The gap will surely increase as batteries become more efficient, cars become increasingly simple from a parts perspective and power cells are recyled at the vehicles end of life. Here's a recent article that looks at this from a bird's eye view: One of the biggest myths about EVs is busted in new study

I do love my petrol cars which is why I have a deposit on the Emira.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, you get a signed letter stating the amount of the deposit, that it's refundable up until the order is actually placed, once the order is placed the deposit is non-refundable. It states your allocation number, MSRP, as well as the final terms for when the order is placed and the car is received by the dealer. Since I believe the guy I talked to said they're getting the second biggest allotment (70 cars), maybe they want to make sure people don't try and play them as a second choice while also placing a deposit with someone else. I don't know. At any rate, I'm in.

That's great that Lotus of Bellevue is selling at MSRP. Not gonna lie and say it wouldn't have been easier to go through them, but I'm still OK with my dealer choice. Even if I have to haul a trailer to Indiana myself and bring my Emira back (if I end up with one). Never been to Indiana 😁

Obviously Bellevue would be my service dealer. Are you on the eastern side of Washington by chance?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, you get a signed letter stating the amount of the deposit, that it's refundable up until the order is actually placed, once the order is placed the deposit is non-refundable. It states your allocation number, MSRP, as well as the final terms for when the order is placed and the car is received by the dealer.
You might want to read that letter again (I have one too). It only mentions there is an MSRP determined by the dealer and Lotus - it makes no statement whatsoever that you will get the car for MSRP or there won't be ADM. Park Place is known for adding ADM in the past. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The letter makes no promises though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's great that Lotus of Bellevue is selling at MSRP. Not gonna lie and say it wouldn't have been easier to go through them, but I'm still OK with my dealer choice. Even if I have to haul a trailer to Indiana myself and bring my Emira back (if I end up with one). Never been to Indiana 😁

Obviously Bellevue would be my service dealer. Are you on the eastern side of Washington by chance?
I'm in Idaho. It's about a 7 1/2 hour drive if I'm going to drive it back. I'm thinking I'll probably just have them transport it via covered carrier, since I don't really want to put that many miles on it the first day, and also get the front covered in bug mash. Hopefully my petition to put a Lotus dealership in Boise will be granted. There's already Porsche, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes and Audi dealers in the auto area of town so a Lotus dealer would fit right in. There's a British/Italian specialty shop here that might be able to do maintenance and service work though, so this should be workable.

You might want to read that letter again (I have one too). It only mentions there is an MSRP determined by the dealer and Lotus - it makes no statement whatsoever that you will get the car for MSRP or there won't be ADM. Park Place is known for adding ADM in the past. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The letter makes no promises though.
I asked point blank on the phone, and my sales guy Alan Grana said that's what the letter means; MSRP as stated by Lotus. If he's not telling me the truth I'll find out when it comes time to actually place the order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I asked point blank on the phone, and my sales guy Alan Grana said that's what the letter means; MSRP as stated by Lotus. If he's not telling me the truth I'll find out when it comes time to actually place the order.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. If they add ADM I am much less likely to follow through.

Sorry if my answer sounded grumpy by the way - long week at work :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I may call him again and record it so I have proof, but when I asked his response was immediate, there was no hesitation. I've been buying cars for 50 years and I have a pretty good idea of when someone is trying to snow me. It didn't feel like that at all. His response was instant.

No apology needed; I well understand a long week at work lol.

101 - 120 of 230 Posts