2277 Views 26 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Devilstar
Automotive tire Shorts Automotive design Thigh Automotive exterior
Post your Lotus position pics, I’ll start
See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
View attachment 1299078 Post your Lotus position pics, I’ll start
For some reason, I always get pulled over when I drive in that position.
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4
Are you gay?
Wow you’re toxic, maybe from your pent up desire for my legs? 😂 Other than that doesn’t seem you work on your Lotus very much or know how to as a matter of fact.
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Heh, I was literally just trying to figure out easiest way to get under the dash and then saw this thread. Still not 100% certain on the steps to achieve.
I'm usually two legs out the door. And back bent over the sills. Not great, haha.
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Heh, I was literally just trying to figure out easiest way to get under the dash and then saw this thread. Still not 100% certain on the steps to achieve.
I start by sitting backwards, put the car in 6th gear, slide my head between the gear stick and dash then throw my legs up. Getting out is the hard part 😂
Reactions: 2
Far easier and safer to pull the passenger seat (or drivers seat if you have to be on that side of the car). It is only 4 bolts and the seat weighs about 20 lb, very easy! You should never work under the dash by yourself, always have someone there to pull you out or call 911! You could easily pass out.
Far easier and safer to pull the passenger seat (or drivers seat if you have to be on that side of the car). It is only 4 bolts and the seat weighs about 20 lb, very easy! You should never work under the dash by yourself, always have someone there to pull you out or call 911! You could easily pass out.
Whats the trick to getting the front right allen bolt off for the passenger seat? All my tools would not work in getting it off, almost like you need a very small allen tool.
Whats the trick to getting the front right allen bolt off for the passenger seat? All my tools would not work in getting it off, almost like you need a very small allen tool.
You need a Wobble extension with the proper Allen wrench socket.
Reactions: 3
I was in the process of saying exactly what @CRG53 said! He beat me to it!
Great minds think alike. 🤣
You need a Wobble extension with the proper Allen wrench socket.
Thanks guys. Wanting to pick a set up for the future when I inevitably drop another bolt down there. Went to take the seat out to retrieve...but could not for the life of me get enough torque. Missing the Allen Wrench Socket Set.
I've worked under the dash with and without the seats in there. Removing the seats definitely helped, but didn't prevent me from doing some serious Elise yoga to get there. The original pic from @arturoannese here is probably the best approach. I still had the roof in, so I was more in line with @gstomp06 - legs hanging out over the sill. Unless you're 3ft tall, I just don't think there's a "comfortable" way to do this... 😂
Full Lotus position posted on LT a while ago.

Looks quite relaxed. I captioned this one ' The search for C3".

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 4
I did not think to have my wife take a picture of me when I was under the dash like that a few weeks ago. Although I was fairly proud being able to get myself into and out of that position at my age, honestly it is probably for the best not to have the evidence.
  • Haha
View attachment 1299078 Post your Lotus position pics, I’ll start
I don’t have a picture but my first trip under the dash looked just like that, and as soon as I got “comfortable” I realized I’d left the ratchet I was planning to use laying on the floor beside the car 🤬
Thanks guys. Wanting to pick a set up for the future when I inevitably drop another bolt down there. Went to take the seat out to retrieve...but could not for the life of me get enough torque. Missing the Allen Wrench Socket Set.
You can also use a ball-end allen wrench
https://www.tekton.com/ball-end-hex-key-wrench-set-25282
I'm usually two legs out the door. And back bent over the sills. Not great, haha.
Me too. I find a small piece of foam over the sill was a game changer :)
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.