·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
874 Posts

·
Registered
Bordeaux Red Pearl 2005 Elise
60 Posts
I don’t have a picture but my first trip under the dash looked just like that, and as soon as I got “comfortable” I realized I’d left the ratchet I was planning to use laying on the floor beside the car 🤬
And that is exactly why I had my wife nearby in that instance (sans camera) so that she could hand me whatever tool was required. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL. When i changed the flasher relay for GRP taillights install i almost got stuck like that. I had a screw driver duct taped as small entention of my thumb and used my selfie camera as a mirror.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don’t have a picture but my first trip under the dash looked just like that, and as soon as I got “comfortable” I realized I’d left the ratchet I was planning to use laying on the floor beside the car 🤬

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
1,009 Posts
I found, when putting my center gauge mount in, that removing the pax seat, lying in the floor pan on my side with legs folded up and head just barely under the dash working 'over' my head was the best arrangement. I'm certain it helps that I'm 5' 7". One thing for sure: working under the dash of a normal car is worlds easier than under the dash of an elige.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Here is my Lotus position, not fully committed... it probably hurt a bit more with the sill in my back!

Reactions: Tengai650
21 - 27 of 27 Posts