The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Isn’t Motorsport green which I call Indy green, about the same if not identical?

·
Loves to talk
1,108 Posts
I find Racing green, which is quite metallic and reflective in bright light, is a bit of a chameleon. It changes and shifts just very, very slightly towards an aqua-blue (it's subtle) when in the right light maybe because the highly reflective metallic elements in the paint become less dominant in the dark. The color can shift and becomes quite like BRG although it's easier to see in the metal than in photos. In bright sun, it's quite lively but in night light it can easily be mistaken for trad BRG. It bridges the gap between a Skittle (I like skittles, no insult intended) and the not-a-color safe choices in grays, blacks and white. The Evora has great lines and looks good in most colors but bright, distinct tones suit it as they do most sports cars.

Racing Green pops in the sun but still comes across as dignified and easy on the eyes. I wanted an orange one but my lady liked this so it's what I got. I've been very happy with it and it goes well over tan leather.

Uber British. Me gusto.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Reactions: glemmons

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
257 Posts
Couldn't resist posting, though I know it's not BRG.
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0997.jpg

Reactions: XHILR8N!

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
As a tooth Doc, I use epine a lot in conjunction with anesthetics. Some patients report feelings the exhilaration. Makes some feel uncomfortable for a minute or two. And I think of the efforts folks like us go to in order to feel that tingly rush!

(Your Motorsport green fits into this old thread perfectly, it’s not focused on British Racing Green)

So pleased to see another car with the livery of the Racing Heritage Edition like the one we had in 2011. If we ever have another new Lotus, she will have this livery with some red interior.

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
257 Posts
Yes, I use it at work also (cardiothoracic anesthesiology), and I liked the double entendre of the "adrenaline rush" of driving this car and the important medication that keeps my patients alive. I actually tried to get the DMV to approve some other anesthesia-related personal plates (I liked GASPASR), but of course, they didn't find that double entendre very funny or appropriate. Bummer.

I had a local vinyl shop cut and apply those yellow stripes...I think they re-created the Heritage Edition fairly well.

As a tooth Doc, I use epine a lot in conjunction with anesthetics. Some patients report feelings the exhilaration. Makes some feel uncomfortable for a minute or two. And I think of the efforts folks like us go to in order to feel that tingly rush!

(Your Motorsport green fits into this old thread perfectly, it’s not focused on British Racing Green)

So pleased to see another car with the livery of the Racing Heritage Edition like the one we had in 2011. If we ever have another new Lotus, she will have this livery with some red interior.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Very nice job with the vinyl. Where the Heritage says “LOTUS” on the side is nice though, lets people identify the car. “Look, there’s a Lotus!” And looks more like the old livery.

Sometimes after juicing a fast car I ask the passenger if they got the rush, can feel the tingles in their arms and legs.

Our 720S can do that just sitting still, anticipating what’s about to happen 😰

·
Registered
216 Posts
Named her Lily because she’s green like a lily pad (which grow next to lotus flowers), and because it’s a name that just suited the car.

Echoing what I’ve said in a previous post, this is a color that just hasn’t diminished for me in the slightest. It's utterly gorgeous to my eye, and it’s very light sensitive so you can see several different shades of sparkling green every time you look at it. No other color was considered.

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
139 Posts
Just asking, but what is the difference between British racing green, lotus racing green and the newer motorsport green?

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
231 Posts
British Racing Green isn't metallic like Lotus Racing Green. @alaix002 posted some great photos of his BRG Exige that really capture the essence of BRG.
They are both great colors. I don't know much about the motorsports green but it seems to be closer to LRG
It’s hard to tell in pictures, but there were some 2006 Lotus Racing Green (LRG) Elises made and this one to my eye looks like an LRG. LRG has metallic flake and is a darker emerald green shade. Actual British Racing Green (BRG) is pigment only slightly brighter “Kermit the Frog” hue of green. It’s personal preference for which you like more, but just wanted to make sure you are aware of the differences. IMO $37k is a smidge high for this car, I’d say $35k would be reasonable.

Here’s some pics of my BRG for you for reference on the difference:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just asking, but what is the difference between British racing green, lotus racing green and the newer motorsport green?
Come to think of it, I've never actually heard the term 'Lotus Racing Green' referenced in any official sense by Hethel - it must be a term coined by the fans or by a dealership of somesuch. @alaix002 corrected me on the term as well (he's equally passionate about his colors); the official names from Lotus were as follows:

British Racing Green (B04)
Racing Green metallic (B86) ... my car

I can't comment on Motorsport Green, but @XHILR8N! has an Evora in that hue; he'd be able to shed some color on that shade (see what I did there?)

:cool:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Tough to photograph, but Motorsport Green is dazzling in person. Many say “I don’t normally like green cars but that’s really good”. In this pic, the lightest area abouve the RF wheel depicts it pretty well. Btw, this was the first time I actually saw this fine car. Carlotus has her now, just down the street after she spent some years on the West coast.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts